Poll  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Short description: Re-introduce the ability to rappel out of a helicopter as a passenger. 

Detailed description: On GTMP, the Los Santos Fire Department, and most likely the Police Department also, had the ability to rappel out of a helicopter while it was hovering. I never got the chance to experience this myself in GTMP, but I know it's a feature of the game already in both GTA Online and SinglePlayer. So with a little bit of effort it could probably be transferred over to RageMP - if Rage 0.3's notorious desync isn't an issue

kPLd1Py.jpg

Rappelling would be one thing. But what about hoisting back into the helicopter?

If it would be possible to type /hoist and be pulled back into the helicopter, with a patient or other important person, this would complete the process. But I'm not sure how possible this would be - so lets focus on rappelling down first? 

Commands to add:

/rappel /hoist

Items to add:

Rope/line object - this is already in /roadblock

How would your suggestion improve the server? 

It would be a highly useful script to add back into the server, as ourselves in the Fire Department carry out Air Rescue several times a month, usually from Mount Chiliad or the Pacific Ocean - but we often have to non-RPishly jump out from heights, and often awkwardly teleport which  requires an admin and ruins the immersion. 

For Police Department, it allows them to deploy SWAT ontop of  buildings for breaching and hostage rescue situation. If placed correctly by the pilot, it could be used to rappel onto building ledges. 

It should be available to anyone who operates an aircraft - whether it be Fire Department, Police, Energy Companies, Security/Private Military, Adventure Businesses (Like LS Adventures) or just someone who's quite wealthy (and possibly a criminal) who wants to have plenty of fun.

A group of criminals rappelling down to rob a bank? Or is that too GTA Online? Up to you! #YearOfIllegalRP

Additional information: 

I know things like this aren't a priority at the moment, but nothing ever is if it doesn't get suggested. There will always be a backlog of suggestions and development that is bigger than any Dev team could clear. As Devs have said before, may as well suggest it and then it can be worked on the future. Especially before I forget the suggestion again! ? Discuss below. 

Below is the only image I've found when rappelling was available to the LSFD in GTMP: 

enb2018_5_5_22_44_34.png

?m=02&d=20130607&t=2&i=738886823&w=780&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=2013-06-07T004009Z_01_GM1E9670E7R01_RTRRPP_0_USA

crane.jpg?quality=85&strip=all

Edited by Cobra
  • Upvote 1

Definitely! Yes, please! This would bring so much more not only to LEO & FD role-play but a whole lot of other scenarios. One thing to be kept in mind is the rope's length, make it so it's only usable under a specific altitude (it may be this way already, just putting it here either way).

• Upvote 1

I've tested other related heli features quite recently and in each case the observing player wouldn't be able to see the attached player or vehicle and the person being transported would be left at the pickup location instead of being taken to the destination. I'd say it's fairly safe to assume that the same would happen with this feature. Unless devs can work some magic, I think this is something we'll have to wait for 0.4 for. That said, I don't think this is going to be too high on the priorities list either way.

I'll leave the thread open for a bit though for additional feedback and incase someone in the staff team with more knowledge can shed some light on the desynch for this particular feature.

EDIT: Will do some testing to see if any of the recent rage updates will allow for this.

UPDATE: All variations of the cargobob were tested for synch (as this is the closest thing to this suggestion we had available) and unfortunately none of them were synched when hoisting vehicles and vehicles with people in them. So one can assume from that these commands wouldn't be synched if they were introduced as of now.

Edited by Moonsong