The Rise of Racing (HotRings) (Repost)

(Reposting here)

Lately, the racing/carmeet scene has been slowly getting back into the swing of things, so I'm gonna try making this thread again...

Now the amount of support I have gotten on facebrowser and people asking/wanting to come down and join has meant the absolute WORLD to me! I thank you all for that, and I've been getting the same two questions constantly: When's the next race, or when's the next meet?

Thats gonna be up to YOU LADS, AND THE STAFF. 

Now, my characters backround is that he's a hotring chmapion. The Stockcars from the Super San Andreas Sports update. I recommended it a very long time ago, but the community where very hostile about it comparing NASCAR to Need For Speed... Isn't that what people do already to fucking begin with? Illegally race? 

No, we have so many cars for content, plus more that can be added! We have the horse track thats never used, it can be repaved and use as a race track (or reference pictures in thread below for ideas to add in empty parts of the map)

We have the Tyrus, RE-B1, ERT1, etc for Supercar/Le Mans races, The Hotrings for Stock Cars, The Buffalo Stunts Sport, Omnis, Lynx, and etc for a Mixed sports race, and the Yosenite for truck series racing. Along with the large amount of garages that have opened up to "build" cars (or have admins spawn them) for racing teams, along with the various race bikes for motoGPs. 

The sandy Strip, Vinewood Raceway, possibly even fort ZANCUDO! Think of the possibilites! Police and EMS (some of them -_-) already show support and come down to watch (please stop asking us about permits, the GOV'T clearly isn't going to respond) and want to see more of this! We need to come together as a community, as this brings more Roleplay, jobs, and events for the server! So why not! Please! Make Racing In GTAW GREAT AGAIN!

(PS, forgot to mention MTL Dunes, Dune Buggys, etc etc for that old construction track up north of the city. Seen a ATV offroad club hanging about there racing, so Kudos to you folks for being inspired <3)

qK2zyGpUTy2tKLlhrV8GHw.png

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I've always had the idea that they should actually add scripted racing into the server. Like how paintball works. So it's actually a business but people can pay to to enter a scripted race. I already know that wont happen because it's probably considered (PvE) but it sure would be cool, and give me something to do besides driving around waiting for people to finish ERPing and come outside to interact with everyone else. lol

Edited by Devastate

I think pro racing or just having some driving tracks in general would actually be a really cool addition for people rping in the car scene. Would give a legal medium to racing so people can hit the tracks instead of doing unrealistic races because they're more fun than what really happens on the streets (since you can't really simulate the adrenaline of banging gears down a straight road by holding W and all.) As someone that's tried to uphold a quality standard in the car scene, actual tracks to go hang out at and drive on are to me, something that's unfortunately been missing. But, with how much GTA roleplayers for some reason despise the car scene in general good or bad (I can understand why people dislike 'certain' groups that I won't name here, I really dislike them too), I don't really see something like this becoming a thing. The closest we have to it are people going through the police to organize sanctioned racing, eg. Group 38 in the past, and AE's frequent drag racing, as well as the car show and drag we did with Weazel back in the Riverside Rods days with Carbone. S/o Paulie. (although one could argue the RP quality of those, they're still fun and support good RP in the mix at least, and create RP for people in general, which is a good thing, so I can't really knock them for what they do with that).

I definitely support the idea, however "scripted racing" sounds a little suspect. I would rather someone create some form of league or something (don't do some nascar shit,  please...) and actually have some form of track and host events. Drift days, track days, race events etc. That kind of stuff would be awesome, as right now it's only the cop baiting squadrons rising through the ranks of the blacklist, and the little group I got going on that's less racing more just a bunch of young and dumb car kids doing stupid shit.

I will say though, the biggest problem for one of these kinds of things is.. well. Where the hell would you do it? There are no tracks.

Edited by Smonk
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, KFN said:

I'd rather a player would actually create a racing company and hold events than it be a script thing

I agree with this.  I think it would be super cool to have a racing company that runs regular events.  Allow people to buy tickets, rent track cars etc. It could probably be a pretty profitable business and it would offer a lot of unique RP. 

• Applaud 1
3 hours ago, KFN said:

I'd rather a player would actually create a racing company and hold events than it be a script thing

The garages could do so, theres alot of them... PD and FD could have a company too. Back in the day alot of companies built their own stock cars right in their fucking garage

2 hours ago, Smonk said:

I think pro racing or just having some driving tracks in general would actually be a really cool addition for people rping in the car scene. Would give a legal medium to racing so people can hit the tracks instead of doing unrealistic races because they're more fun than what really happens on the streets (since you can't really simulate the adrenaline of banging gears down a straight road by holding W and all.) As someone that's tried to uphold a quality standard in the car scene, actual tracks to go hang out at and drive on are to me, something that's unfortunately been missing. But, with how much GTA roleplayers for some reason despise the car scene in general good or bad (I can understand why people dislike 'certain' groups that I won't name here, I really dislike them too), I don't really see something like this becoming a thing. The closest we have to it are people going through the police to organize sanctioned racing, eg. Group 38 in the past, and AE's frequent drag racing, as well as the car show and drag we did with Weazel back in the Riverside Rods days with Carbone. S/o Paulie. (although one could argue the RP quality of those, they're still fun and support good RP in the mix at least, and create RP for people in general, which is a good thing, so I can't really knock them for what they do with that).

I definitely support the idea, however "scripted racing" sounds a little suspect. I would rather someone create some form of league or something (don't do some nascar shit,  please...) and actually have some form of track and host events. Drift days, track days, race events etc. That kind of stuff would be awesome, as right now it's only the cop baiting squadrons rising through the ranks of the blacklist, and the little group I got going on that's less racing more just a bunch of young and dumb car kids doing stupid shit.

I will say though, the biggest problem for one of these kinds of things is.. well. Where the hell would you do it? There are no tracks.

Well, if the Horse track could be scripted, and if the Gov't would allow GPs like with Indy/F1, or use areas like Fort Zancudo or the sandy Airstrip, that would work for Stock cars, Certain supercars from the Stunt Series updates, etc etc

Now uhhh *sniff* you got any good RP around? *sniiiiiiff*

2 hours ago, Smonk said:

Well, you could use raton canyon and certain parts of the northern area around Sandy, Grapeseed, and Paleto, and also Los Santos Airport. Plus certain Motobikes could be used for a moto GP style. 

Now uhhh... *sniff* Seriously, you got any good RP? I could use it