Weekly road tax to monthly

St3fan[NL]

• Developer

Short description:  Change the weekly tax to monthly

Detailed description:  Change the weekly road tax fees to monthly. In real life you also only pay once a month for your car, and even lower costs than the ones being issued in game. I think it'd be more realistic to either lower the road taxes for weekly payments or change it to monthly.

Commands to add: None

Items to add:  None

How would your suggestion improve the server?  It would reflect better to Real Life. In real life you don't pay ever week taxes for your car but only monthly and not even as much as IG. I understand the prices IG but atleast make them become monthly.

Additional information: N/A

This is much more than "just lower the taxes lol", changing anything would have a huge impact on the economy. A game economy is vastly different than the one we have in real life, so it doesn't make much sense just to change it because "but that's the way it is in AMERICA". 

Having to pay monthly could have the unintended side-effect of penalizing people who don't play quite as much - something we do quite a bit already under this system.

Honestly, it just outright needs to go. It was an attempt to remove cash from server circulation and stop unrealistic use of sports cars, and it's clearly doing neither of those things.

It needs to absolutely go 100%, unrealistic and a lame attempt at yeeting cash and trying to stop noobs from baiting in elegies and flash gts which it doesn't work cause said noobs dont even pay taxes, so it just hurts the people that are bound to the legal side of things and refuse to tax evade.

That said...

This being approved would atleast be a step in a better direction. The whole "ree but you make enough weekly anyway and you shouldn't have the car if you can't afford the taxes!" is a dumb argument imo. Even if I can afford taxes on the cars I want (which i can, they're not a big deal), the whole concept of it in itself is stupid as hell and shouldn't be a thing, especially with the amount you have to pay weekly for some cars. I'd rather have it gone completely ASAP but I'd be willing to accept this for now until perhaps a better way of managing dealerships or something is put in to properly combat the whole EVERYONE BUY AN ELEGY OR A GROTTI AND BE FLEX GODS thing that people love doing.

2 hours ago, Smonk said:

It needs to absolutely go 100%, unrealistic and a lame attempt at yeeting cash and trying to stop noobs from baiting in elegies and flash gts which it doesn't work cause said noobs dont even pay taxes, so it just hurts the people that are bound to the legal side of things and refuse to tax evade.

That said...

This being approved would atleast be a step in a better direction. The whole "ree but you make enough weekly anyway and you shouldn't have the car if you can't afford the taxes!" is a dumb argument imo. Even if I can afford taxes on the cars I want (which i can, they're not a big deal), the whole concept of it in itself is stupid as hell and shouldn't be a thing, especially with the amount you have to pay weekly for some cars. I'd rather have it gone completely ASAP but I'd be willing to accept this for now until perhaps a better way of managing dealerships or something is put in to properly combat the whole EVERYONE BUY AN ELEGY OR A GROTTI AND BE FLEX GODS thing that people love doing.

Honestly this, even to register your vehicle the price is outrageous. 

Also a thread I had posted