Loot Bodies

aldo

Short description: A menu option which gives you the ability to view and take items from a dead/injured player's body.

Commands to add: None, after pressing the (i) key to open up the menu there should be a loot body option if you're standing next to a player or if you press (y) while standing and looking at a corpse.  After clicking on the option, another inventory menu should pop up showing the items on the player's body.

How would your suggestion improve the server?  Having you do "/b show your items to me" or "/b drop all of your items" can take a lot of time during a situation and as it often takes a long time to get a player to drop their items or give their items, it gives the cops a lot of time to show up to your location if you fired a gun. Taking an item from someone should be quick and shouldn't take over 2 minutes to get someone to type the commands etc so if this was added it would make situations where you take an item then get on your way a lot more realistic as it is over fast and an extra 2 minutes isn't added onto the situation because someone is taking ages to drop their items.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I agree, implementing a menu would be a nice addition to the script instead of waiting for the person in question respond with the appropriate /me's and item commands.

This system could however be abused in many ways, as such I think there should be a command along the lines of "/showplayeritems" where the other party must accept the request. When that request has been accepted, the robber may have free range to pick and choose whatever items to steal.

10 minutes ago, Arnzeal said:

I agree, implementing a menu would be a nice addition to the script instead of waiting for the person in question respond with the appropriate /me's and item commands.

This system could however be abused in many ways, as such I think there should be a command along the lines of "/showplayeritems" where the other party must accept the request. When that request has been accepted, the robber may have free range to pick and choose whatever items to steal.

There's not really a way to abuse it, like if someone comes across your body, why wouldn't they have the right to loot the items? 

5 minutes ago, aldo said:

There's not really a way to abuse it, like if someone comes across your body, why wouldn't they have the right to loot the items? 

Because it will promote everyone, both law abiding and criminals players alike to simply run up to everyone they see unconscious/dead and quickly take everything and run away, without RPing it or even making a /me. The request command provides some structure to who is looting the body instead of 5 people looting at once. It also forces the looter to do the appropriate /me's and /do's.

Edited by Arnzeal
Just now, Arnzeal said:

Because it will promote everyone, both law abiding and criminals players alike to simply run up to everyone they see unconscious/dead and quickly take everything and run away, without RPing it or even making a /me. The request command provides some structure to who is looting the body instead of 5 people looting at once. It also forces the looter to do the appropriate /me's and /do's.

Good point, so yeah having a request feature is a great suggestion!