/setdirtlevel - Allow Players to Choose Their Vehicles "Cleanliness."

Liam_Airey

Short description: Add the option and allow players to set their vehicles "dirt level"

Detailed description: I think something vehicle customisation at the moment lacks (apart from the obvious suggestions made before) is the ability to select the "dirt level" of the paint-job and I'd love to see a system implemented that allows players to set their dirt level on the spot with a command akin to /hat on/off (instant change, no need for a mechanic, etc).

I also would mind if the "dirt level" was only a choice between the highest one possible and nothing, if it made the suggestion less of a pain in the ass to setup.

Commands to add: /setdirtlevel (1,2,3,4) /dirtlevel /vehicledirt on/off

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?: More customisation is always welcome and the suggestion would allow players to present their character and vehicles more accurately, allowing for a more immersive roleplay environment. 

Additional information: If you're not too sure what I'm talking about, i'll post a few screenshots of side-by-side before and after comparisons below.

rrq1.thumb.jpg.ca5946e8c16708417009204558fde721.jpg

rrq2.thumb.jpg.e60da720e469ba032eb7efc9df1895ef.jpg

rrq3.thumb.jpg.c3d81d9138597fc5714a6b57f548fd3e.jpg

(all the vehicles are vanilla GTA, the only vehicle not available on the server is the rat-truck, the very bottom picture, which I feel SHOULD be implemented but that should be saved for another suggestion) 

Edited by Liam_Airey

While I think this is a great idea and do support it as it adds variation, I would personally like to see this taken one step further. 

Whether or not my way is possible script or sync wise, I would love to see our vehicle's "cleanliness" progress as we drive our vehicles. The more we drive, the more dirty the vehicle becomes and as such will require a car wash to keep our vehicles clean and good looking. Same way as our fuel is being depleted when we drive a certain distance, the cleanliness of our vehicles should too deteriorate if its not possible to add a dynamic feature like the car getting more dirty when driving on gravel roads etc.

The general idea however is great, another thing that I feel would add additional depth to vehicle ownership.

Edited by Arnzeal

@Arnzeal

I'm pretty sure this idea is already implemented as the car does become more dirty driving on dirt and apparently the dirt level has been synced for a long time. Except people don't get their car washed, they just /vpark and /vget because there's no incentive to pay for a wash

58 minutes ago, icarusfeather said:

@Arnzeal

I'm pretty sure this idea is already implemented as the car does become more dirty driving on dirt and apparently the dirt level has been synced for a long time. Except people don't get their car washed, they just /vpark and /vget because there's no incentive to pay for a wash

As far as I know, anything like that on your vehicle is clientside, either that or it only appears to people who were witnessing it get dirty. Same with vehicle damage from what I've noticed.

I am well aware the car gets dirty when you drive on dirt roads. What I would hope is that other people can see that too, the same way I see it. And as brought up, when using /vpark the vehicle is restored to 100% clean and repaired. I think this should be changed where the dirty on the car remains, and so does the damages.

But that is yet again another sync challenge to overcome.

3 minutes ago, Arnzeal said:

I am well aware the car gets dirty when you drive on dirt roads. What I would hope is that other people can see that too, the same way I see it. And as brought up, when using /vpark the vehicle is restored to 100% clean and repaired. I think this should be changed where the dirty on the car remains, and so does the damages.

I would love this however due to rage sync it's not a possibility at this time.

On 4/6/2019 at 7:03 PM, icarusfeather said:

@Arnzeal

Some cars have dirt by default and vpark just makes it appear after it washed.

Wawwf09.jpg

Would love to have it. But as he said

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:31 PM, Arnzeal said: