PD Impounding.

Gambler

Please let's reach some common sense that impound should be nerfed a little. I'm getting impounded almost every day. I can't handle making 500 per hour played and paying 5000 for impound every two days. You might say "JUST /VPARK LOL". But If my game crashes and I don't log back in, or I altf4 and It skips my mind that I left my car on a bad spot. It happens. One time my car was stolen, and left in a bad spot to be impounded. All these things add up.
My suggestion?
Please don't impounds vehicles of offline players.

Edited by Gambler
  • Upvote 1

The thing is - you're kind of responsible for your vehicle, where and how you leave it. You might have an issue with crashing (but in a way, it's not PD/SD's fault for doing their job if you're having difficult times with connection or computer can't handle the game) - if your vehicle is stolen, well - it happens, and you're supposed to keep it parked safely. You can always attempt to seek legal-solution, by filing a report on the impounded vehicle without your where-about, and the officers will be questioned upon their impounding-process, how and why. (if it was un-lawful impounding), otherwise - things happen. If your vehicle been stolen, file a police report and if they'll recover it, they won't impound it, but keep it until you get it. (depends if the officers/sheriffs wanna bother waiting / handling more important call).

It sucks, and we've all been there - but vehicle impounding is just one of those things that prevents people from doing silly things with motorvehicles and care about their acts & vehicle (usually, people get into chases with cops and don't care about consequences, because jail time is low and they don't lose anything if their car is totaled). ? 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Karl_Hoover said:

The thing is - you're kind of responsible for your vehicle, where and how you leave it. You might have an issue with crashing (but in a way, it's not PD/SD's fault for doing their job if you're having difficult times with connection or computer can't handle the game) - if your vehicle is stolen, well - it happens, and you're supposed to keep it parked safely. You can always attempt to seek legal-solution, by filing a report on the impounded vehicle without your where-about, and the officers will be questioned upon their impounding-process, how and why. (if it was un-lawful impounding), otherwise - things happen. If your vehicle been stolen, file a police report and if they'll recover it, they won't impound it, but keep it until you get it. (depends if the officers/sheriffs wanna bother waiting / handling more important call).

It sucks, and we've all been there - but vehicle impounding is just one of those things that prevents people from doing silly things with motorvehicles and care about their acts & vehicle (usually, people get into chases with cops and don't care about consequences, because jail time is low and they don't lose anything if their car is totaled). ? 

At least lower the fine. 5000 is really devastating for someone who makes 500 per paycheck like me. That's 10 hours of gameplay only to pay for the fine.

Yea, price is heavy - but you need to look at it from the law enforcement's point of view. You've got people racing and evading cops 24/7, individuals who don't care about being caught, but they do care once cash-sting hits them. I mean, they could simply change the impound system, have the penal codes re-written regarding traffic enforcement and have /impound [amount] and you could be charged 50-250 bucks for illegal parking. That could work (or whatever price-range they'd find), I get the 5.000$ for criminal-involved / something that's out of the ordinary. 

You should just make a suggestion regarding /impound [amount] and explain that, impounding needs to be re-made and make it more fair for those who did petty parking mistakes. I agree that, 5.000$ for illegally parking is a bit too step, simply doesn't add up.

Edited by Karl_Hoover
41 minutes ago, Karl_Hoover said:

Yea, price is heavy - but you need to look at it from the law enforcement's point of view. You've got people racing and evading cops 24/7, individuals who don't care about being caught, but they do care once cash-sting hits them. I mean, they could simply change the impound system, have the penal codes re-written regarding traffic enforcement and have /impound [amount] and you could be charged 50-250 bucks for illegal parking. That could work (or whatever price-range they'd find), I get the 5.000$ for criminal-involved / something that's out of the ordinary. 

You should just make a suggestion regarding /impound [amount] and explain that, impounding needs to be re-made and make it more fair for those who did petty parking mistakes. I agree that, 5.000$ for illegally parking is a bit too step, simply doesn't add up.

Oh so the overall fine of impound is 5000? No matter what kind of law is broken?

The fine for a vehicle impound is a flat amount of $5000, in the case of a stolen vehicle PD will often release the vehicle and wave the fine if you go and ask them, PD is also required to try and contact the owner before the car is impounded. If you quit the game and leave your car parked illegally or in the middle of the road then it's either going to get stolen or impounded, the vehicle doesn't suddenly become something that isn't RPied just because you've gone offline, it's something you're ICly responsible for and as such it is treated that way.

• Upvote 1
  • Developer

According to the Penal Code 

PD can impound cars when a person committed one of the 5 crimes which has the impound punishment.

Or 1214: which displays 4 other reasons AND mentions:

"If a vehicle does not meet the definitions above to be impounded/seized, but is somehow causing a hindrance through other traffic related offenses, the vehicle is authorized upon officer discretion to be towed to a safe location to remove the disruption. (EX: Parking Violation)"

So PD is not allowed to impound for wrongly parking. So best bet is you file legal complaints and get your money back.

This is not a problem.

• Its not hard to log back on. 
  • They don't get towed when parked right.
  • They don't get towed when registered.
  • You won't get pulled over by the cops when you drive normally. So there is never need to actually pay the fine.

As everyone has said already, take care of your vehicle and you will never have any issues. Go out of your way and log back in to park your vehicle if you crash. 

Drive your vehicle properly and you will never get a fine, park it properly and it wont be impounded. /vpark it when you are done playing. All these things are not hard, you are on an large heavy RP server after all where actions have consequences, good and bad.

For the record, I have never had any of my cars impounded since I started playing in 2017. When my car is stolen, I call it in so it does not get impounded. If my car were to be impounded, I would speak with someone in charge of impounding and try reasoning it out, people are not made of stone. You have no idea how many road tickets I have talked my way out of. Talk to people, just RP and make your case IG.