Refinery Exclusion Zones

HaveADream

In my opinion, robbing someone at the metals refineries has become a bit of an issue lately - with criminals just sitting nearby and waiting for people to go in so that they can rob them. I'd personally say this should be trialled to be prohibited. Not only are most people in there AFK, only switching back to change materials, allowing prospective criminals to get an easy drop on their victims, but realistically I'd say that actually inside a metal refinery would be a protected area in the case of CCTV/Guards whatever, as they would be in the real world.

I understand that this, to some people, may think that this makes the server a "protective bubble" and I'm inclined to agree to that entirely, however, I'd also say that these robberies are troublesome in nature for a variety of reasons, including the ones I mentioned in my prior paragraph. However, there are so many ways to go about this, for example, blocking people off before they get to the factory by either trailing them or even just waiting nearby, at the base of the mountain, or another variety of options. I understand that reports of this nature are already high, but from my experience, most of these robberies are also already heavily reported, I've never seen a situation there that hasn't needed intervention, however, this may just be anecdotal. 

I understand this has been discussed recently, however, this is much more localised to a certain area than the previous discussions.

• Upvote 1

it only really becomes an issue when the same players are waiting around and doing nothing but robbing all day is not something we want to see. If you feel the same players are doing this too frequently I would consider submitting a Roleplay Quality Report, It may not be the best of locations though but that's an IC risk the thieves will have to take. It's also an IC matter (for the most part) for the police or other security firms to deal with (as suggested above). Robbers will soon stop going there if the risk is too high for them.

On 4/20/2019 at 9:21 AM, WirelessMind said:

I mean it is pretty unrealistic for someone to rob you in places like the iron refinery, it’s a fenced area that you’d have to be let in by security.

The idea of magically imposing invisible, impenetrable guards at locations seems like a horrible stepping stone.  The reality is, and I'm not making a claim they're not, if the LSPD is doing their job and sees frequent robberies happening around those locations then they should up their patrols in those locations. If you've been robbed several times at the same location by the same or different individuals, it seems very non-RP for you to keep returning, especially considering that your life could be on the line. 

7 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

The idea of magically imposing invisible, impenetrable guards at locations seems like a horrible stepping stone.  The reality is, and I'm not making a claim they're not, if the LSPD is doing their job and sees frequent robberies happening around those locations then they should up their patrols in those locations. If you've been robbed several times at the same location by the same or different individuals, it seems very non-RP for you to keep returning, especially considering that your life could be on the line. 

The only reason I bring it up is because if you go the location it’s literally fortified with raising gates barb wire, the list goes on. It’s a unrealistic location for robberies.

• Upvote 1
Just now, WirelessMind said:

The only reason I bring it up is because if you go the location it’s literally fortified with raising gates barb wire, the list goes on. It’s a unrealistic location for robberies.

Barbed wire fences that literally anyone can drive into. An open fence is no more a security measure than a single strand of barbed wire.  I understand it gives the PHYSICAL expectation of security, but this is an issue that can be completely resolved IC'ly. Any issue that can be resolved in it's entirety through IC measures, should be.