Increase the allowed reactions per day limit

Fernando

Currently you can only react to 2 or 3 posts (unsure) per day and that's it. Someone who spends a lot of time on forums sometimes feels frustrated because they want to show someone their support by simply liking the post and is unable to do that :(

Please make it like 15-20 per day or something!

• Upvote 2

There could maybe be a system, people get points and get a new "rank", the higher you are the more reactions etc you get. Although it might encourage people to spam random crap to get a higher rank. 

Basically, the more active you are on forums the more abilities you get. 

Edited by Lance
  • Upvote 1

I feel like even 5-6 forum reactions a day would be an improvement considering how often people react to posts. With the number of announcement posts and the number of factions, it'll be nice to show some love instead of telling them to wait a day.

• Upvote 1
  • 7 months later...
On 4/3/2019 at 6:20 PM, Law said:

I feel like even 5-6 forum reactions a day would be an improvement considering how often people react to posts. With the number of announcement posts and the number of factions, it'll be nice to show some love instead of telling them to wait a day.

Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today.OK
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, nwah_ said:

Curious as to why there even is a limit on reactions. 

While raising it might be fine, having no limit (which has been suggested in the past) can go very wrong. In the SAMP community @Atiku and I come from, the forums inevitably devolved into like-farming cliques, with tons of low effort posts for attention, people would intentionally link each other their posts to get others to like it, spam profile feeds etc. Raising it might be okay, but flat out removing it will eventually end up with a similar situation. Moderation doesn't always fix it either, as a lot of the posts didn't really break any rules.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Pascal said:

While raising it might be fine, having no limit (which has been suggested in the past) can go very wrong. In the SAMP community @Atiku and I come from, the forums inevitably devolved into like-farming cliques, with tons of low effort posts for attention, people would intentionally link each other their posts to get others to like it, spam profile feeds etc. Raising it might be okay, but flat out removing it will eventually end up with a similar situation. Moderation doesn't always fix it either, as a lot of the posts didn't really break any rules.

Gonna be honest I don't see why that would be such a big deal. An account could only like a single post once and a post getting likes from people doesn't really harm anyone (if people are making multiple accounts to like a single post, they could do that now anyway). Not necessarily a big deal for a post to get liked a lot. And if people are telling their friends or whatever to like their posts, that's also not a big deal, seems kind of arbitrary to just limit it for a non-issue imo.

Edited by nwah_
  • mj2002 locked this topic