Vehicle Damage & Totalling

Furzer

Just now, Karl_Hoover said:

Rage sync isn't that bad, it isn't perfect either - but it isn't bad. At least the vehicle-to-vehicle collision could be chilled upon, but if its vehicle-to-object(buildings) that'd be different..until vehicle sync gets better (0.4 wheeen)

It's bad enough that I was cruising with a person twenty minutes ago and it ended up them sideswiping me into me hitting a barrel roll even though they made absolutely zero contact on their screen. Yes, it's horrible.

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

It's bad enough that I was cruising with a person twenty minutes ago and it ended up them sideswiping me into me hitting a barrel roll even though they made absolutely zero contact on their screen. Yes, it's horrible.

Oh, man. Well, at least vehicle-to-objects (buildings, posts & etc...) 

7 hours ago, JustAnM43 said:

In my honest opinion, the system works just fine for now. 

There is no "system", it's the basic of the basics, just buy a car and drive. 

If people wish to RP unreliable cars, they can do so.

They will never do it. 

People should be free to choose to RP if their car is reliable or not.

Yes, but 99% of the time it just a classic elegy that's obviously reliable, that's why I personally want this system to be scripted and i also think it should be kept simple since not everyone is a carguy.

I agree with this suggestion, as the server stands now the desync really is nowhere near as bad as people try to make it out, the desync people see is largely due to a persons bandwidth, meaning they are lagging or the person they are looking at is lagging. A vehicle damage system would definitely be a step in the right direction to encourage heavier RP.

I'd love to see this idea implemented. I've noticed similar scripting when watching one of those voice RPer's on V and the damage system is spot on, if a crash your car and it becomes totalled, gives all types of RP possibilities for people to encounter. 

While older cars generally encounter more problems I don't entirely agree on the script idea here. If I maintain it regularly my forty year old car will outlive somebodies ten year old car that they neglect servicing intervals on. This has been suggested before and I'm just going to say the same thing I said then. Cars should only deteriorate if they're neglected through services. The longer you skip out a service the more problems the car has, and the more expensive the car becomes to fix. 

• Upvote 1
On 4/2/2019 at 2:24 PM, JustAnM43 said:

You're failing to realize how fucked up the desync is here and how badly the vehicle totaling and damage system would work. There's no way this would work properly with the current RAGE sync.

I would agree with this. In the perfect scene where no Dysnc is present, I would love this! The thing is... I ride on the back of a bike and I get launched off 20 times. The random swerves into an object is annoying. Now on my screen it would show their vehicle destroyed. Now I can't drive it unless they vpark. Things like that.

I support in the perfect sync ❤️ 

On 4/3/2019 at 12:55 AM, Syrike said:

I agree with this suggestion, as the server stands now the desync really is nowhere near as bad as people try to make it out, the desync people see is largely due to a persons bandwidth, meaning they are lagging or the person they are looking at is lagging. A vehicle damage system would definitely be a step in the right direction to encourage heavier RP.

No it wouldn't. You can preach "bandwidth" issues all you want, but I was driving around with a person thirty minutes ago. Mind you, both of us have fantastic internet with absolutely no lag and the server still managed to send them flying back into me and dropped me into BW in the middle of the street. With the current desync, there's no way this system can work.

• Upvote 1