Make aluminium mining faster.

Paul Wayne

Just now, Paul Wayne said:

The amount of money in this industry is not big anymore, so less people will do it.

That was the point of the update.

The server is moving away from the script jobs that allow players to get a lot of money just because they have enough free time to do these jobs for several hours each day. Mining in particular is the worst for it as it allowed players to stockpile specific ores and wait until the best time to make as much money as possible. Realistically someone who mines would never make the amount of money that players that mine here make. On top of that, it's unrealistic to be the actual miner, the person who transports the ore, the person that refines the ore, the person that transports the refined ore and the person that sells all the ore. Mining in real life is done by actual companies that have many employees to do all of these jobs.

On top of this, the vehicles used for mining are also unrealistic. The large vans and other vehicles that make it up the sides of mountains to mine are unrealistic. A lot of players that mine don't consider their characters to be miners either. They don't take it IC, which is both powergaming and metagaming. The removal of the bonus is one step to reduce the issue with grinding jobs and I as a member of Player Management will be one of the people cracking down on the rest.

The aim is to make sure players are acting in a realistic manner. Driving in expensive vehicles or living in expensive houses after spending hours mining is not realistic. Roleplay like that is not up to our server's standards. This suggestion was locked because you have missed the entire point of the change and this part of the update will not be reverted.

• Keane locked this topic