Discussions

bool

Can certain threads stop being permanently deleted? It's actually quite annoying and I can't seem to put my finger on why admins feel the need to do so. I've seen people make suggestions or try to create discussions based around script related systems whether old or new, and when you go to refresh the page - the thread ceases to exists.

If people are being civil and discussing appropriately, then there's no reason to lock or especially delete the threads. If it's that big of a deal, create a spam sub-category if that's what it takes for people to discuss or criticize. Completely deleting a thread from existence just because an admin doesn't like it seems pretty sad. 

For the record, it hasn't happened to me but when I'm browsing and seeing a decent discussion created by another user it seems to happen frequently. Allow people to freely discuss so long as they're mature about it, god damn. Or if they're not, make yourself appear and tell everyone to relax and if all else - lock it. Seeing threads deleted completely just hurts to see.

All this does is make it so people would rather not even bother posting on the forum because who knows if an admin will just come up and "oh, DELETE" as a result.

2 hours ago, perkydon said:

I've personally never seen this happen; even when lovely ICE was posting absolute rubbish regarding tips on Ban Evading. 

That post is just locked and still there.

Are you sure it wasn't moved to another category or such?

Lol @ that. But no, I've seen it happen to a couple threads now.

• mj2002 locked this topic