[GUIDE] High-quality character images (Menyoo)

8 hours ago, Marksman said:

Then I don't know why you need to find some directory????

Because, it was my understanding that, for a mod to work, you can't simply put the files for it into "mods" (into the actual mods folder, not a folder within that folder), because then the game doesn't "know" where they're supposed to be

I don't know if that makes sense, but literally /every/ install readme i've read says "navigate to" for example
mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpchristmas2017\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mpchristmas2017_female.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01_mp_f_christmas2017

which, obviously means, you can't just drop it into the mods folder???

On 9/1/2020 at 9:55 AM, cracked said:

Because, it was my understanding that, for a mod to work, you can't simply put the files for it into "mods" (into the actual mods folder, not a folder within that folder), because then the game doesn't "know" where they're supposed to be

I don't know if that makes sense, but literally /every/ install readme i've read says "navigate to" for example
mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpchristmas2017\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mpchristmas2017_female.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01_mp_f_christmas2017

which, obviously means, you can't just drop it into the mods folder???

You wanna go to the path you're asked to drop the files in, click "edit" and you'll be prompted to create a copy for your mods folder, it'll look like this:

You'd click copy, then replace the files you were told to in the readme but within the mods folder which should be copied.

So for example the directory you posted, you'd wanna cut out "mods" and make your way to 

"\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpchristmas2017\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mpchristmas2017_female.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01_mp_f_christmas2017"

Click this: 

Which will cause that red prompt to show up, click copy, and then replace the files you was wanting to replace in your mods folder (should take you there as soon as it's done copying)  

Normally if you download a mod and the readme has "mods" in the string it's an oversight on their behalf.

Also a great tutorial here if I'm not making any sense, he opts to just copy both the x64 and update folders to your mods folder but that'll take up a lot more of your storage so it's why I personally don't do it that way, either works though!

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
1 hour ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

You wanna go to the path you're asked to drop the files in, click "edit" and you'll be prompted to create a copy for your mods folder, it'll look like this:

image.png.0032e3c1068f472e17e68fa8015711c1.png

You'd click copy, then replace the files you were told to in the readme but within the mods folder which should be copied.

So for example the directory you posted, you'd wanna cut out "mods" and make your way to 

"\update\x64\dlcpacks\mpchristmas2017\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mpchristmas2017_female.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01_mp_f_christmas2017"

Click this: 

image.png.8bfd2c8f44b617c4da2848b8304d9c4d.png

Which will cause that red prompt to show up, click copy, and then replace the files you was wanting to replace in your mods folder (should take you there as soon as it's done copying)  

Normally if you download a mod and the readme has "mods" in the string it's an oversight on their behalf.

Also a great tutorial here if I'm not making any sense, he opts to just copy both the x64 and update folders to your mods folder but that'll take up a lot more of your storage so it's why I personally don't do it that way, either works though!

that aint it, chief, i KNOW how to install mods,

it's just that, the "gtahairs" folder in client_resources, doesn't GUIDE in any way, WHERE the files should be

it just says "dlcpacks" not which it should be in etc

4 minutes ago, cracked said:

it's just that, the "gtahairs" folder in client_resources, doesn't GUIDE in any way, WHERE the files should be

I rarely mod with the dlcpacks but with a will, there's a way.

If you open the dlcpack within OpenIV, throw it into a folder, you can see where the individual files need to go. From there? You can ctrl+f in the main game to find the necessary folder.

That being said, it is an awfully long and tedious process - if you send a picture of which hairs you want, I'll give you the files for them that have the usual readme process.

Edited by jessica
4 minutes ago, cracked said:

Because that’s all there is to it. 

On 9/1/2020 at 12:20 PM, cracked said:

Well it's obviously not going to guide you on where to install them if you're just extracting them from the client resources, nothing stopping you from doing it but they're not really there for you to extract. 

If you're wanting to use the hairs from the server I actually packed them up here, ripped straight from the client resources.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8aody9fvtfi0tos/OooCoolHairs.rar/file

If you've already exported them yourself they go here:

Male hairs

Female hairs

If I'm still not understanding what you're wanting I may have to eject myself and let someone else help, chief, because I'm lost.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
On 9/1/2020 at 2:05 PM, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Well it's obviously not going to guide you on where to install them if you're just extracting them from the client resources, nothing stopping you from doing it but they're not really there for you to extract. 

If you're wanting to use the hairs from the server I actually packed them up here, ripped straight from the client resources.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8aody9fvtfi0tos/OooCoolHairs.rar/file

If you've already exported them yourself they go here:

Male hairs

image.png.4880410d6a14b7e90b16fe1260512bee.png

Female hairs

image.png.0620be9a7f5362554a077b28fd41d791.png

If I'm still not understanding what you're wanting I may have to eject myself and let someone else help, chief, because I'm lost.

OMG thank you alot dude

You just gave me exactly what i needed lmao

Again, thanks alot my guy

Edited by cracked
  • Kaz pinned this topic
  • Kaz unpinned this topic