More 'Safe Zones'

borhoi

Just now, perkydon said:

Should've simply walked away. Security guards are just regular citizens. Don't let a crap security guard trick you. (I am a security guard)

Yeah, but the amount of roleplay around them with the courier jobs and the components would limit RP there a lot and the dock's only purpose would be for farming money.

I couldn't walk away, I was inside the perimeter, they were Islanders and I'm rather tiny girl that can't run fast ?

Concluding all the posted ideas.

Grind jobs:

You can get robbed when you're fishing, especially at the pier or some shit hole (the place near the river). No reason to make it a safe zone.
Nervous mentioned the drop-off spot as "the fishing guy", when he said the spot is out of money to pay players. So, the drop-off also is not some strictly protected area. Not a safe zone.

Mining spots should be considered underground tunnels or large, dug up holes, so robbing people over there would be hard and unrealistic. Could be a safe zone, but it's up to the staff to decide how it's portrayed.

Refineries are industrial complexes, and they're responsible for a lot. Therefore they should be a safe zone because of the security and CCTV. Same goes for factories. These should be safe zones.

Courier job is at the docks. Docks are always protected by security and/or government agencies to look out for smugglers and other crime. Should be a safe zone.
Drop-off zones are usually some random places where you could easily have someone pull up and commit a crime on you, so no reason to make them safe-zones.

I'll skip the Garbage job, cuz why the fuck would you rob a truck full of trash?

Other places:

Docks outside the courier spot - yes, they should be a safe zone under constant CCTV surveilance and with security patrols. This means no crime, including screwing around in your riced out drift missile.

Government buildings: we don't have, or use many, but if we did, they would 100% be safe-zones.

And finally: in my opinion safe zones should stay as they are, grind jobs are shitted upon and will be removed sooner or later according to staff.
Not worth it to change the rules so drastically, just because of such minor things.

Edited by hentai!
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2019 at 10:47 PM, Maca said:

Having a protective bubble around the city and wrapping people in cotton wool does nothing but promote the "you can't touch me IC I'm protected by a magical barrier called the rules."

We already have enough reports of people thinking getting killed over being silly in crime-infested areas is DM, the last the team needs right now is more reason to stress. I don't see this suggestion as feasible for a heavy roleplay server.

Sums it up pretty well.

More safezones shouldn't be a thing on a RP server with high standards. 

Thanks for the suggestion though.