More 'Safe Zones'

borhoi

Under the current rule set, Crime Free Zones are as follows:

Government buildings (such as police and fire stations, the prison and city hall).

Banks (ATM's not included) 

Airport

Customization feature (the player is considered INSIDE the building)

Ammunation area

I would propose expanding this list to include other areas. The areas I would personally include, are 'script job areas' such as the pick up and drop off place for courier deliveries as well as in front of factories where refined ore is sold. Other spots to be added could include places that would realistically be heavily populated and silly to perform a high profile crime such as assault or even murder at.

As stated in the original rule, if RP is initiated somewhere other than a Crime Free Zone, it is fair game to continue it if a Crime Free Zone is entered. Taking this into account, I see no reason to not expand Crime Free Areas to common sense places.

Thoughts, criticisms, ideas etc are encouraged! ?

• Upvote 1

It's a no from me;

• Its unrealistic without some supporting infrastructure; cameras or guards.
  • All of the current safe places realistically have either cameras, guards or both.  Mining sites and garage dumps do not.
  • People perform high profile crimes all the time either due to a mental deficiency or just stupidity. We have just as many crazy people as we have cops, This gives them a job to do.
Edited by zUgg zUgg

Having a protective bubble around the city and wrapping people in cotton wool does nothing but promote the "you can't touch me IC I'm protected by a magical barrier called the rules."

We already have enough reports of people thinking getting killed over being silly in crime-infested areas is DM, the last the team needs right now is more reason to stress. I don't see this suggestion as feasible for a heavy roleplay server.

• Upvote 2
On 3/27/2019 at 8:47 PM, Maca said:

Having a protective bubble around the city and wrapping people in cotton wool does nothing but promote the "you can't touch me IC I'm protected by a magical barrier called the rules."

We already have enough reports of people thinking getting killed over being silly in crime-infested areas is DM, the last the team needs right now is more reason to stress. I don't see this suggestion as feasible for a heavy roleplay server.

One hundred percent this. If players are roleplaying to a high enough standard, which they should be, there shouldn't be need for a tonne of safe zones so that people can just do stuff in them to avoid any punishment ICly due to OOC rules limiting RP.

I say we include the LS docks toll zone, Iron refining factory and the big electric plant close to the wind generators. These are some huge infrastructural units with hundreds of cameras and nobody would rob a person around it. 

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:47 PM, Maca said:

I don't see this suggestion as feasible for a heavy roleplay server.

But as a heavy RP server goes - I can report that player who robs someone on a unrealistic place? No matter if it is a safe zone or not?

Docks should be a safe zone for sure.

IRL I once tried to sneak in to the Melbourne docks to make some industrial photos- security arrived in 2 minutes and throw me out taking all the ID details and threatening to handle me to the police.

Docks are heavy guarded and monitored on the same level as airports.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Gerda said:

Docks should be a safe zone for sure.

IRL I once tried to sneak in to the Melbourne docks to make some industrial photos- security arrived in 2 minutes and throw me out taking all the ID details and threatening to handle me to the police.

Docks are heavy guarded and monitored on the same level as airports.

You've got some crazy Security guards, they have no power over you and can not take your ID.

OT: You could literally say this about a multitude of places and if we're gonna NPC this sort of thing at what point do we draw the line? 
I think the line, as is currently drawn, is fine.

37 minutes ago, perkydon said:

You've got some crazy Security guards, they have no power over you and can not take your ID.

OT: You could literally say this about a multitude of places and if we're gonna NPC this sort of thing at what point do we draw the line? 
I think the line, as is currently drawn, is fine.

They were like- we will call the police or we will take your ID details and let you go.

I still would add Docks, because they are not different from Airport. 

Edited by Gerda
Just now, Gerda said:

They were like- we will call the police or we will take your ID details and let you go.

I still would add Docks, because they are not different from Airport. 

Should've simply walked away. Security guards are just regular citizens. Don't let a crap security guard trick you. (I am a security guard)

Yeah, but the amount of roleplay around them with the courier jobs and the components would limit RP there a lot and the dock's only purpose would be for farming money.