Improper Escalation

borhoi

1 hour ago, xRandomGuy said:

Anyone can simply say their character is insane

This is going back to what I posed a few up. These are BAD RPers. They have all the crime with none of the punishment.

A real gang-banger who goes around shooting up his hood is eventually gonna get killed or imprisoned himself. A crazy bastard psycho killer is likewise gonna be put in prison or sectioned. But this won't happen in GTA:W so there's no risk to the character. All of one side (action) without the other (consequence) is not portraying a character properly. It's bad RP and should be below the standards required for the server.

Edit: How about adding a DM tag to any character found guilty of Deathmatching. Then their next PK is an automatic CK. Let's see how crazy they are then.

Edited by Pan Grama
  • Applaud 2

why not make every would-be murderer have to face ck if they get killed whilst trying to kill someone.

if little johnny makes me mad cuz he stole one of my shoes and i decide to go and kill him but he gets the jump on me and shoots me down i get cked. (although itd still only be a pk for him if i managed to kill him since he didnt initiate). 

adds a lot of risk to murder that isnt otherwise there without adding other limits like 900 hours jail time or whatever. 

i suppose one argument against this is that itd prob make attempting to murder people so not worth it that nobody would try. then again that pretty much parallels real life.

or instead u could go the owlgaming route and make every roleplayed death a mandatory ck which makes people value their lives a whole lot more in general. ive always advocated for this rule but people seem to enjoy gun toting six shooting shotgun blasting everyone with no risk so nobody ever supports it.

I'm not for adding any additional rules in this, the original scene that Borhoi described in his original Post clearly falls under the current DM rules and should be reported so that people RPing in such a manner can be brought to the attention of Staff. Trying to impose rules on these things only serves to limit roleplay because people will be worried that someone will think it is just deathmatching or against the rules and what would otherwise be a normal situation would now become a /b fest that simply does not need to happen.

As for Haitian's suggestion, whilst I see the merit of it. This would not work as intended and would instead cause these people who would be at risk of CK to find a way that the person they wished to kill could not fight back, thus leading to unrealistic and poor RP. As it stands, report people who are guilty of poor RP and deathmatching to the staff team and they will be dealt with appropriately. There is an entire team dedicated to this called Player Management.

Currently it’s far too easy to abuse the whole “new life rule” or “amnesia” effect you get by player killing, mostly after robberies so the victim can’t seek revenge for robbing them. 

I think the rules may need more clarification on when it is or isn’t appropriate to player kill. I don’t think extra rules are needed.

I do understand why the topic was created though because some reports can take over a month to get a response.

• Upvote 1
On 3/27/2019 at 4:10 PM, Mitch said:

I've said it over again and I'll say it once more.

Killing is the LAST resort. This isn't the 90s where you kill for no fucking reason. 

Idk where you live, but here in Miami, if you're in the wrong place (Little Haiti a good example), you're more than likely to be shot. If you'd like, you can research more on the areas of L.A where you're most likely to be killed just by stepping foot in. It happens a lot now more than ever. You're maybe referring to gang violence in the 90s - which at this point, it's a cluster fuck and less about "colors", but still pretty bad.

However, I 100% agree with this - A lot of people are not portraying their characters correctly as 90% of them aren't even "hood" characters and still end up shooting you because you didn't give your $900 to them - and/or - they just end up shooting you in front of 20 witnesses in a busy club because you stepped on their shoes. I mean, shit happens, but realistically not this frequent. I'm all for this rule.

• 3 weeks later...

Even in the context of "Hood Gang Bangers", reality often involves these gang members screaming at the top of their lungs, with at least five minutes of threatening and intimidating discussion, prior to even conceiving of discharging their firearm. I.E. "Yo, you actin' up in front of the man'dem! This man take me for a joke? Yuh... I swear, on GOD, that I'll give you two licks fa' actin up..." *struts around* "Naw, I'm not playin' with you... " etc...

Even before conducting an assassination, hoodlums often hype up their anger and rage within their group. "Yo, I can't believe the man ACTUALLY tryna' play me... watch... I'm gonna put two into him, quick." "Naw, fam... ain't need ta' do that!" "Naw, naw, naw.... the man gonna get it", "Well, he shouldn't of been talkin' shit!" etc...

99% of these situations consists of dialogue. Thus, players do not possess ANY excuse for Deathmatching. 90% of any altercation leads to INTIMIDATION for REPUTATION... not homicide.

Edited by DLimit
19 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Even in the context of "Hood Gang Bangers", reality often involves these gang members screaming at the top of their lungs, with at least five minutes of threatening and intimidating discussion, prior to even conceiving of discharging their firearm. I.E. "Yo, you actin' up in front of the man'dem! This man take me for a joke? Yuh... I swear, on GOD, that I'll give you two licks fa' actin up..." *struts around* "Naw, I'm not playin' with you... " etc...

Even before conducting an assassination, hoodlums often hype up their anger and rage within their group. "Yo, I can't believe the man ACTUALLY tryna' play me... watch... I'm gonna put two into him, quick." "Naw, fam... ain't need ta' do that!" "Naw, naw, naw.... the man gonna get it", "Well, he shouldn't of been talkin' shit!" etc...

99% of these situations consists of dialogue. Thus, players do not possess ANY excuse for Deathmatching. 90% of any altercation leads to INTIMIDATION for REPUTATION... not homicide.

Well said. I'm getting tired of responding to some trigger happy titiri every 10 minutes to be led on a chase on an unrealistic purchased Elegy...

I don't want to be a dick but you guys should either start banning people with play2win attitudes or stop calling yourselves "GTA World - a HEAVY RP text server", because situations like the ones explained above are the exact opposite of heavy, developed rp and they can literally happen once every hour on most days. You have idiots who think "oh it's just a PK so you get your lesson" playing alongside people who are genuinely creative and that gives you a bad rep. And for these people - yeah you got me, man. You fucking got me. I got killed, then I respawned and my character remembers nothing just because I threw you out of a club or I talked shit to your girlfriend at the club.

Sorry, just wanted to get it off my chest.

Edited by hentai!
29 minutes ago, hentai! said:

I don't want to be a dick but you guys should either start banning people with play2win attitudes or stop calling yourselves "GTA World - a HEAVY RP text server", because situations like the ones explained above are the exact opposite of heavy, developed rp and they can literally happen once every hour on most days. You have idiots who think "oh it's just a PK so you get your lesson" playing alongside people who are genuinely creative and that gives you a bad rep. And for these people - yeah you got me, man. You fucking got me. I got killed, then I respawned and my character remembers nothing just because I threw you out of a club or I talked shit to your girlfriend at the club.

Sorry, just wanted to get it off my chest.

I've seen a few ppl get banned for play2win intentions so they definitely do, the problem is it's just not enough and because there's so many players like this, they manage to slip under the radar sadly.

• mj2002 locked this topic