Fix connection lost (australia, south asia)

• 1 month later...

UK player here

I have the same problem, I was playing completely fine up until 2 months ago where this error started coming up

I access GTA V via Epic Games

I've done the following:

1) Reinstall RageMP and GTAV

2) The HOME button method

3) The F1 method

4) Turn off Firewall

5) Check to see if there is any blocked connections associated with RageMP or GTAV or GTAW.

6) Resetting network drivers

7) Run ragemp_v.exe as Admin from the folder and set all RageMP folder permissions to "all"

Absolutely nothing.

FIXED!!!

I have the 12 button Corsair Scimitar RGB mouse. I also have iCue downloaded (app used to set the hotkeys for the mouse).

I closed this (I thought hey, what can happen...)

And now my game loads!!!!!!

Anyone using any apps that allow you to use/create hotkeys, maybe close this

I'm from the Netherlands and  I experienced this issue too.

It's been two days that I was camped up with this problem. I tried all the methods (pressing home key when download is done, pressing shift+tab when download is done, press F1 and direct connect etc). None of these worked.

Next thing I tried is manually add rageMP (both .exe and updater.exe) to the firewall. This didn't change a thing.

What I have done now is I turned off my firewall. Now it appears that I can log in and play.

I do not know if this did the trick or it has to do with something else (different day, different time that I log in), but this is all I did.

Next time I log in and have this problem again I'll see if turning off your firewall is actually a solution. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm from Venezuela and I experience this issue essentially all the time, except during the morning hours, where my internet is at its most stable condition.

From the past year that I've been in the server, I've come to troubleshoot this issue plenty and garnered the experience that the reason I'm having problems, personally, in getting in with this issue is due to OPL (Outbound Packet Loss). Meaning that, even if you have a good connection, a lack of stability in it will have you try to tether into the Rage MP server to no avail. This, of course, is exacerbated by how far away you are from the server location and the upload you're working with.

What I *can* say is, the Steam method always has worked for me. The thing is, sometimes it 'stops' working because you have to leave the interface open for longer lengths of time depending on how affected your internet is at the time. Sometimes my internet's just slightly slow, so I leave the interface on for just a minute; some other times it's excruciatingly slow, so I'm forced to leave the interface on for upwards of three to five minutes before bringing it down, and being able to make connection.

Even then, it takes about another minute for the logging window to pop up and about another for the character selection to arrive. Then, when I'm in-game, I'll experience a desync of 5 minutes before my client catches up and I attain an average ping of 180. It's just the nature of the beast, guys, what can we do? 

I hope you figure your lot out.

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2019 at 3:48 AM, jcat said:

Ok, this is crushing me.  The game was working fine until a couple hours ago, when I lost connection.  Now I get the connection error, and the two solutions aren't working.

Any ideas?

Try closing rage and reopening it as Administrator, also try shutting down your router and turning it on after 10-15 seconds.