Fix connection lost (australia, south asia)

Method 1):

Wait until the game makes its automatic 2nd attempt to connect to the server, then hit SHIFT+TAB to open the steam menu. Wait approximately one minute, then close the steam overlay and you should be on login screen. Make sure to wait for "download complete" before using SHIFT+TAB. (If you're using Rockstar version, use HOME button)

Method 2):

Spam 'direct connect' from the F1 interface as soon as it says 'Download Complete - Compiling Scripts'

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, MikeTheMike said:

Any new fixes for this? I'm in the US, and I've just started having this issue. ?

None of the fixes seem to work for me & not even my phone hotspot will allow me to connect.

Really weird it does this from the US, is it working as of now after a server restart?

Just now, Nervous said:

Really weird it does this from the US, is it working as of now after a server restart?

To be fair, I live in Alaska, lol. But yeah, I just checked & I'm still stuck in the loop - the home button technique worked briefly for me - but it normally goes back into the loop after anywhere from 2-15 minutes.

I've noticed that it happens much more often throughout earlier hours - 13:00 servertime being a rough estimate. It's odd, because I can normally play for extended periods of time without any issues & out of no-where it just hits & can at times last for several hours.

I've tried wired connections, different wifi bands, aswell as my 4g hotspot - none of which seemed to help.

@Realistic. has also told me he's having similar issues, and he lives in the UK.

EDIT:

I should also mention that this issue has progressively gotten worse over the past 5 days or so, and I can't recall having it before then. It started off as an occasional disconnect - and now it's worked its way into a constant loop.

Edited by MikeTheMike