How do you feel about a drug price agreement?

aldo

10 minutes ago, Triple-J said:

No offense, but this ruins the system. RPing drugs without actually taking them should be punishable by admins. If you would actually come down to the hood and buy drugs it would create so much more RP and interactions for illegal factions.

Totally agree on you, I've always bought from drug dealers though, because I'm here for the RP. But I'm trying to think the 'what if', you know? And at the same time bringing the idea that drugs are there to just create situations that depends only on how you RP them, rather than giving some 'real' experience, such as the different cars you may buy, or different guns, or houses, etc.

11 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

I would love this but people will say its RPG. Its restricting them.  But where do we actually stand on this? Two staff members have assured me that I am allowed to get drunk from un scripted alcohol aka buying that said alcohol from a NPC liquor store BUT I am not allowed to rob said store when there is a NPC in it. At the same time, I get pulled over by a cop and a script breathalyzer is used - my character is script sober, they let me go, all tho I have RP'd to be drunk. With this logic, same applies to drugs? Or does it? I don't really know.

We need more clearer rules on this.

Also this, maybe we need only mature and transparent people in the server. I mean, you create the experience. Getting caught by the police it's up to you, you want to actually have a spontaneous twist? Go ahead and be honest, let yourself caught by the moment rather than trying to WIN. RP is not about winning, it's about being present and getting through the experience, no matter if it's a good one or a bad one. But I agree, we need more clearer rules, so we avois these situations.

38 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

I would love this but people will say its RPG. Its restricting them.  But where do we actually stand on this? Two staff members have assured me that I am allowed to get drunk from un scripted alcohol aka buying that said alcohol from a NPC liquor store BUT I am not allowed to rob said store when there is a NPC in it. At the same time, I get pulled over by a cop and a script breathalyzer is used - my character is script sober, they let me go, all tho I have RP'd to be drunk. With this logic, same applies to drugs? Or does it? I don't really know.

We need more clearer rules on this.

I'm not sure on the server ruling but I'm with you.

Drugs should need to be purchased IC to use IC. It would be just the same as saying you have a knife, without scriptwise having a knife.

46 minutes ago, Triple-J said:

I "Or ultimately move to DA" isn't how it works right now. I've been doing illegal RP for 5 months now and did not ICly meet even one supplier, wether guns or drugs or seeds.

Well that's an IC issue your character is facing, thus you would be forced to pay the extortionate rates that DB, in this example, is charging because you have no other way to get it. Thus continuing to provide continued RP for that supplier when there is a cheaper one on the market. This is a thing in real life and should be replicated on the server.

This strengthens my point that an entirely OOC agreement would ruin this.

8 hours ago, Derek Mercer said:

One thing I will say is that when it comes to risk, it normally should be followed by high reward. Specially when you're talking about obtaining and possibly distributing illegal substances. Like you've mentions before about fishing and other legal money making methods seem to be more profitable with little to no risk. I would be interested in seeing a change happen, and no I don't mean simply lowering the reward you get from the legal methods currently available to everyone.

On a some what similar subject about super cars not being added mainly because no player realistically can afford them. I'll be quoting Keane from a separate post found here.

I feel this would help alleviate some of the headache and allow some players to become substantially wealthy from the illegal drug trade which could justify them owning these super cars. Now I'm not saying every player that gets into the drug trade is justified to own a super car or two. I just think there should be a few one offs of the big shots that may get taken down if they don't play their cards right.

I'm interested in hearing what other people think about the matter because I think you're onto something Aldo even if I'm not.

It’s the 5k an hour starter check which ruins things imo.

8 hours ago, perkydon said:

I've never been a fan of this. I've always found them to draw away from the competition between drug dealers and thus limit the roleplay.

If everyone has to sell at a max/minimum price, then why would people go to specific gangs? Why would any new gang attempt to sell drugs when another gang out there already has the monopoly. They would have no IC way of competing because they would have to sell it at the same price.

For example: 

Let's say there are two distributors of cocaine in the city. Distributor A who we will hereby refer to as DA and distributor B who we will hereby refer to as DB. 

Now, if DA is selling his ounces of cocaine to gang A (henceforth known as GA) for $10,000.

Whereas, DB is selling his ounces of coaine to gang B (henceforth known as GB) for $12,000. 

Now, already GA is getting a better deal than GB because their supplier, DA, is able to sell it for less. 

From then, GA begins to push out an ounce of coke for $13,000 whilst GB is pushing it out for $15,000 to make the same profit. 

More people will flock to GA and thus GB would look to try and get a better deal from DB or ultimately move to DA. 

This adds so much realistic complexity and roleplay around the drugs trade and doesn't force everyone to use the same person for the same thing, as you found on LSRP, as it adds a fluctuating market that will always change. 

I don't think we should limit IC roleplay or development through OOC rulings. 

As soon as one gang has the monopoly at the minimum price, there is no way for any newer distributors to edge in.

There should be different strengths, similar to LSRP.

7 hours ago, la tweaker said:

Drug dealing isn't supposed to be all that lucrative from an IC standpoint. A drug price agreement would simply be an agreement on realistic prices for our economy so that people aren't selling ounces of coke for ridiculous prices like people were doing on LSRP. 350 to 450 for cocaine and 150 for weed is more than acceptable and if you actually sell it right ICly, you can actually make a decent amount of money. It's all about how you go about your sales ICly that depends on how much money you're gonna be making.

Keep in mind that the price agreement is more than likely only based around street prices and what's acceptable.

But you can’t argue about realistic prices on a server that had a 400 dollar entry fee for a coffee shop. I’m talking about prices that have realistic value to the economy which is why LSRP prices are so high. As I said, purity grades would be great and different strains of weed too.

Anyway, I don’t RP selling drugs for the money, I RP it because what else is a young african-american supposed to do in the hood for money? But to make things more interesting I think there should be different strains and purities which would give people reasons to go to different factions. For example someone might like 50/50 cocaine so they will go to a certain faction. Another example is if someone wants a certain strain then they would go to the faction that can offer them it.

5 hours ago, aldo said:

But you can’t argue about realistic prices on a server that had a 400 dollar entry fee for a coffee shop. I’m talking about prices that have realistic value to the economy which is why LSRP prices are so high. As I said, purity grades would be great and different strains of weed too.

I'm pretty sure realism is a factor in just about any argument on a heavy roleplay server. If this were a medium or low standards RP server, I'd understand people not taking 'realism' into account. Entry fees are simply so businesses can make money, drug prices should be realistic for obvious reasons. Nobody wants to see cocaine being sold for 80k an ounce like people have been doing on LSRP and other RP servers nowadays.

Yes, though. Purity should definitely be a factor when it comes to drugs on the server, aswell as different strains of weed. 

Edited by la tweaker

The garbage man or a fisherman makes more than a drug dealer cause drugs aren't receiving the attention they need. The stuff you'd moving should be very lame compared to the other dealers for you to be dealing drugs and not receive at least 5 calls a day looking to buy from you. Too few people use them.

On the other side, drug dealing shows to be really profitable depending on your position on the ladder and the stuff you're dealing;

If IRL you're buying weed and reselling it, then you're at the same level than a teenager flipping weed to make a small profit he'll use just to cover his weed smoking habit, so not a lot of money.

If IRL you're buying cocaine and reselling it, then the profit is higher, just cause the substance is more expensive. So not only are you getting a higher profit per gram, which however would be gone very fast if you're using cocaine too and want to cover its expenses by selling it, but you can also take 0.1 gr. from every half gram you're selling, so every 5 halves sold you get a half that's entirely yours to sell at full profit.

If you're the one growing the weed, you're at the top of the ladder and the guy who's making the higher profit out of the that stash. Same with cocaine. If your character is just buying not-so-high quantities to flip them, expect to make a living out of it or cover your addiction expenses, but not to become rich at all.

However, some people will only add like $50 to the price so it can be reflippable, and they do for the RP knowing that they themselves will get a very low profit compared to other jobs, but I don't see why we can't have both: reasonable prices that allow for drug trade RP to flow while drugs being an actual profitable source.

Edited by TheMobCasper