Some general clarifications about the House & Business Robbery system.

Gangstafary

So, regarding this script I have come to many doubts, mostly about "what if..." things, some I have asked via /helpme IG, some via Discord and I've got some mixed answers from the staff in a topic that should have a clear and uniform procedure among all the admins. Here they are, hoping that we can reach a consensus to have it in mind later when using the script in game, not just for me but for everyone who can have the same doubts.

1.- Backdoors, many houses have one visible but not all of their owners have requested it to have a checkpoint to get into the house. Can you still RP to access the house through there? Some admins told me about this that it depends on the admin, others told me that it shouldn't depend on the admin and that they'd allow me to do so.

2.- Things that are not drugs, ammo or weapon don't have a specific cmd like "/stashinfo" that indicate where they're stored. Money, cameras, masks, etc are in the general property inventory, but not in any place in particular. What happens with those things?

3.- Some people can have drugs or weapons stored in their houses but not have anything specified in /stashinfo. What happens then?

4.- Are the alarms, or at least some of them, supposed to indicate their presence from the outside of the house? For example, the speaker where the alarm ring would sound from, the light bulb that blips, etc. If the answer is yes, can I request an admin to tell me when I'm RPing to check such a thing?

Edited by Gangstafary
  • Upvote 1

I would assume if anyone is foolish enough to not set a stashinfo (because it's simple and an easy way to provide throughful RP into stashing your items) then the admin in charge of the house robbery should just be able to decide where the robber would find the items. 

Edited by Chef
14 minutes ago, Chef said:

I would assume if anyone is foolish enough to not set a stashinfo (because it's simple and an easy way to provide throughful RP into stashing your items) then the admin in charge of the house robbery should just be able to decide where the robber would find the items. 

Indeed, once I asked an admin the same and he told me that in that case he'd most likely RP that the items would be on a clearly visible spot like on the table.

1 hour ago, aldo said:

I think there should be an actual script to break in, seems to easy at the moment.

It depends. Since it's all roleplayed, you can just RP to smash a window with a hammer and you'd be good to go. Maybe if you skip some details, like bashing and clearing all the shards that can be left on the window frame the admin could let you in but tell you as you get into that you cut yourself with some of those shards and are dropping some blood, which could later lead to your arrest after investigation

If you want to break into the house in a sneaky manner, having a lockpick in your inv and roleplaying to fiddle it inside the plug until magic happens is not how it works, admins expect for you to know what you're doing, and that involves some actual knowledge about different types of locks, of picks, etc.

Also, with the short time amount that alarms give you, trust me, it's really hard to crack a safe higher than 3 pins and not have the cops on the door when you're fleeing the scene. If you're just doing a quick rush around the house for things out of the safe maybe you're lucky and can escape.

Edited by TheMobCasper
9 hours ago, aldo said:

I think there should be an actual script to break in, seems to easy at the moment.

I'd like to know how it's easy to roleplay searching for an item that is actually at a place defined by the owner ? There is no better solution than our current one when it comes to roleplay standards.

I have yet to see anyone successfully rob an important item in a house with an alarm and where the stashinfo was set.

Anyway, to answer the question:

1) Yes you can if it's there on the exterior.

2) The admin will decide where they are : he will realistically "place" the items

3) It's assumed it's "visible" somewhere in the house, aka on a table, in a closet etc...

4) No, we're not planning to give you the information about the alarm because most alarms nowaday are inside and triggered upon entrance/breaking a window/having a detected footstep into the house. The sound is already warning you before warning the cops etc so you have time to run out.

• Thanks 1