Been away

ColossalBQ

Hey there players of GTA WORLD, this community was and still is very friendly to me personally from ever since I joined and I went inactive, it's been some time basically probably around six months ever since I quit the server and been inactive ever since, I have roleplayed as LEO and I recently was contacted in discord from a bunch of friends that the server playerbase is on the rise and the server is really enjoyable to be around with, I wanted to come back but there are a few things that made me step away at the first time so basically I brought this thread up just to be informed if these things are still present or not-

So basically the game has been very detailed and fun to play but there have been major amounts of bugs, your game crashed if you went down by Downtown area, server crashed quiet often, shooting sync was a clusterfuck, people's cars were doing burnouts etc, now I know that is not something major or unfixable but I really want to know if these bugs have been fixed or are still present? Hit me up below.

They're still present and an issue, but both Nervous and all the developers are hard at work fixing these problems. Focus seem to lie in server stability and improvements on that end, but be prepared on crashes when you come back in game. 

Also,

Welcome back ? 

Edited by wickedsource

There's a lot less bugs compared to six months ago. The crashes in the downtown area and other locations such as the subway tunnels was a RageMP issue that was fixed. With shooting sync, the issue was not the sync but the default damage system RageMP has. The server implemented a custom damage script so weapons do a lot more damage. The days of shooting someone fifteen times and not killing them are over. There are some exceptions when the server is lagging recently, but there has been a fix implemented for the major lag issues we were facing over the past few days. But in general, the shooting issues have been fixed. The cars doing burnouts is a RageMP issue related to vehicle sync and that's the only issue on your list we haven't found a workaround for yet.

There was a focus on bug fixes a month or two ago that resulted in the server being so stable, we started having issues because the server didn't restart or crash for days in a row. Since then, we have had two major updates that changed the server and have the potential to change it even more going forward. These updates have caused some instability, but that is to be expected from any server pushing out regular updates. The majority of crashes and causes for lag are fixed on the day they occur, but there have been some exceptions that take a little longer to fix. The overall experience is much better than six months ago, though.

The first change is working mapping objects. This had to be done manually by one of our developers. Usually on RageMP, there's a limit on objects and when you go over that, they just vanish. This was fixed and we have several interiors using just custom objects. Exterior mapping is also a thing and is in use around several businesses. We can have mapping similar to SAMP and with the upcoming RageMP update making it much easier to implement server side mods, there's a huge potential for custom objects being used. Included in this is a fix for missing interior objects, which again was a RageMP issue. Some interiors like Michael's mansion or Trevor's Vespucci apartment had missing beds, couches etc. but this has been fixed manually. There's also the ability to change interior variants in-game. 

The second change is the revamp to the item system. Every single item has a unique ID and unique properties can be applied for it. We're only in the first steps of this update.  There are plans to implement burner phones, credit cards, a new drug system, the ability for the LSPD to match a gun to a murder scene as well as a weapon attachment system. The system has a potential for so much more going forward and those new systems are just the first step. 

Other noteworthy changes are the shift towards roleplay oriented jobs at the character customization stores and 24/7s, the house robbery script that allows players to break into any property (with admin supervision to ensure rules are followed) and steal whatever is inside, a safe system to protect your items during a robbery (the safes can be cracked but it's difficult),airsoft script that allows players to enjoy airsoft in player-owned airsoft businesses and finally the kidnapping script (you force a player into your trunk and their nametag doesn't show to prevent MG).

More details can be found in the features showcase forum. While the server has been unstable recently, yesterday's fixes have reduced a lot of the lag and fixed several crashes that were occurring.  You can also read through the changelog for more detailed information on specific updates. If you have any further questions or want more information on anything specific, feel free to post below and I'll help out.

Edited by Keane
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • 6 months later...
  • Gall locked this topic