Change or extend the death animation.

Short description:  

Pretty simple, change the death animation to allow the full play out of the animation & change the injured state.

Detailed description:

Same as the short description, the current death animation doesn't get fully played, and then really doesn't line up with the injured state. 
My suggestion is three things, either one can be implemented;

• Extend the current animation being played, by a couple more seconds. So the fall over animation can be played out to it's fullest extent. It doesn't line up with the injured, but it allows it to play out and not instantly snap like so;
    0mTGZAJ.gif

With it instantly snapping, it completely breaks immersion and looks stupid in my opinion.

• Change the injured animation to something a lot better, there's a huge amount of animations that can replace this awful /sit animation. Have a player lay down on the ground, 90% of the injuries are from gunshots, doesn't make sense to be shot in the head & "Oh well, I'm sitting now". Same with my issue above, it completely breaks immersion, and can be replaced by something much better, and make it fluid, not snap instantly.

• Finally, add a check to both of the suggestions above. I don't know code, but w/ GTA 5 limitations etc, I'm sure you can add a check to see what damages caused what;

E.g.
    If player hit by fist and damaged to point of no hp, play the original sitting animation.
    If player shot by gun to 0 HP, play a different animation, something that matches a gunshot death.
    Same for cars, falls, etc. 

The reason being, every death/injured state just looks completely immersion breaking & too fast to snap.

Commands to add:

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Explained above, it'll add to immersion and look more fluid for screenshots/videos being created for the server.

Additional information:

N/A

• Upvote 3

+1, the animation should probably be laying instead as well.

Surely it could be a normal rag doll, extended until the player is static and then they snap to the laydead animation or something?

Edited by ICE

Pretty sure ragdolls are not properly synced, which is why we're going with a hardcoded animation that locks you in place. Plus if you were a ragdoll and someone accidentally drove into you, you'd go flying as the physics aint that realistic to be honest.

9 hours ago, -Andreas said:

Pretty sure ragdolls are not properly synced, which is why we're going with a hardcoded animation that locks you in place. Plus if you were a ragdoll and someone accidentally drove into you, you'd go flying as the physics aint that realistic to be honest.

How easy would it be to change the animation then as mentioned above to a laying one? 

For sure this one is immersion breaking.

6 hours ago, perkydon said:

How easy would it be to change the animation then as mentioned above to a laying one? 

For sure this one is immersion breaking.

Yes it's possible to change the animation, but the animation you're speaking off is the wounded animation right? When you're dead, and not wounded, you should be laying down flat.