Hood/Gang Character Developement

• 2 months later...

Such an astonishing guide for gangs. I'm roleplaying as a potential gang leader that was recently released from prison after undergoing twenty-five years within a cell for homicide against officers. He was released due to good behavior. 

Despite undergoing a few narcotics deals and escalated (Yet, non-violent) situations with a few "coke-heads" and one officer, he began to develop a powerful friendship with a wealthy "rich-girl" from the sub-urbs of Liberty City, as he has not had contact with a woman for around twenty-five years. Despite her being a lesbian, the idea that he was accepted by her, as a friend, has caused him to be very protectful of her, identical to a daughter. After all, he's in his mid-fourties. She had sort of functioned as his "mediator" AND "ice-breaker", allowing him to possess access into wealthier regions of the city while using her as "bait" for certain deals with wealthier individuals and potential Nazis... initially intended to use her as a sugar momma, but it became a deeper relationship after a few incidences... he had even re-connected with his childhood memory of "fishing with his father back on the island [of Jamaica] during a small road-trip to the countryside by the lake.

He would even provide homeless individuals within his "hood" with free alcohol, while selling cocaine to the local gang members for a lowered price since "Dem' man'dem from dee hood... jus' a lil' youth-dem... ain't like 'dem bouji boys and gyals from the north". 

To play the role of a "Cop killer that spent twenty-five years in prison, struggling to adapt and integrate into current society with such a record while preserving his dignity as a gang leader" has been interesting.... playing as the "Wise older man" that follows "Rastafari/Jah",,, an INCREDIBLE experience.

and... I've never had to pull out my gun.

A lot of other gangsters need to learn that the average gang-banger NEVER pulls out their firearm during conflict, unless it's ACTUALLY needed for self-defense.  

On 3/26/2019 at 4:21 AM, iAMTemple said:

I don't know how long you've been playing on LSRP, but when I was playing back in 2006, it was purely 90s based with a 90s culture involving gangs. Of course, 13 years later, it would evolve. Nevertheless, most guides on LSRP are outdated.

Xxxxxxxxx aka Warren_Borbeck's guide go in deep detail about rping in prison. There are some other good LSRP guides. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 5:21 AM, iAMTemple said:

I don't know how long you've been playing on LSRP, but when I was playing back in 2006, it was purely 90s based with a 90s culture involving gangs. Of course, 13 years later, it would evolve. Nevertheless, most guides on LSRP are outdated.

LSRP is modern.

On 3/26/2019 at 4:41 AM, la tweaker said:

I suggest you remove the "ragged" thing from the guide. Gangs don't do the whole 'ragged' member thing anymore at all. The correct terminology is initiated or "put on". The guide in general is pretty outdated in my opinion, why would a gang's shotcaller or OG want to teach some youngster how to use a gun? That just sounds stupid in my opinion.

Yeah you’re right, i’ll remove that part.

I simply pasted this from LSRP though so apologies for mistakes.