How to make guns as a metallurgist ?

Taliban pepe

I've been playing the server for about two weeks now and I have some questions about firearms. How is it possible to craft firearms ? I know that you can buy it from the ammunation stores but they only sell it for people with license. You ca also buy it from criminals, which does not require a license, but it's been so hard to settle down a connection with a criminal to get firearms without a license.

But the main question is, how can you craft those firearms, do you have to be a metallurgist or something ? Or do you have to own a ammunation shop, and if you're willing to request an ammunation shop, do you need any license for it ?

I don't believe it is possible to 'craft' firearms, you'll have to find a source IC'ly if you want illegal firearms. You can apply on the LSPD forum for a license to purchase a few types of firearms.

Edited by Moyles

Unfortunately, the atmosphere on the server is such that it's nigh on impossible to obtain a weapon - even from a supplier. Your best bet as a criminal character is... probably to steal a weapon from a PF holder; I know it doesn't create RP for anyone, but until the staff changes the server dynamics by changing how factions and suppliers interact, I don't see many changes on the horizon.

• Upvote 1

Just like in real life, obtaining a gun is not an easy task. Even in the US where guns are legal (even if you don't own a license), it is unrealistic for anybody to just "manufacture" guns yet alone go up to someone and be like "Hey man, you got a gun for sale?".

I'm happy the way it is in this server. It reduces the number of people just coming into the server and getting a gun off the bat so they can unrealistically go on a robbing spree.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, YungYank said:

It's not hard to obtain a gun in real-life at all ESPECIALLY in USA. 

I didn't say it was hard, I said it wasn't an easy task. To obtain a handgun with a permit or without, you must first go through a thorough background check and wait 3 days to 4 weeks before going and picking it up. A similar but even lengthier process applies for a conceal carry. In addition, you must also be over the age of 21.

To obtain a rifle or shotgun, you don't need a concealed carry, but some states now require the age of 21 or over after a new law had been implemented in 2018. Some states only require 18 and over. You can go into a gun store and walk out with an AR15 without any checks, that's only very few select states. Some others you will have to go through a similar process as for a pistol (background checks, etc.).

In California, however, it is one of the hardest and most liberal states in the United States (eg. San Andreas). So the toughest gun laws would be present. Therefore, it is not a surprise that the server runs the way it does when it comes to guns. And if you're saying that it's easy to obtain a gun on the street... Homie, I dare you to go look for one where you think you'll find some. You're either gonna end up robbed or killed. Just like the server, it's about who you know. I see your location says "South Central". Idk if that's IRL or just for internet sake, but me, I grew up in Miami's most notorious "hood", Liberty City, and trust me when I say, it's not a walk in the park. That's just me speaking out of assumption, I don't know you so I'm not judging.

13 minutes ago, YungYank said:

IT IS in fact now that people go on robbing sprees or doesn't care about roleplay but guns.

I've noticed some similar behavior, mostly amongst the wave of new players, I presume mostly come from other less-heavy RP servers (One, in particular, I dare not mention). However, it depends on who you surround yourself with and if they are actually trying to develop a character, or just trying to be a twat robbing and shooting everybody because they want to be an internet bad ass.

15 minutes ago, YungYank said:

Every single shootout I've been into NOBODY and I will repeat NOBODY had rolepalyed anything properly, as soon as one party dies other party goes to rob their guns even if it's middle of the city.

In this case, you do /report and make sure you record EVERYTHING. I am part of Brouge Block Boys and we've encountered a couple of these incidents where the other party didn't properly RP and it got taken care of. As long as YOU roleplay your part properly, it's nothing that admin intervention can't fix.

25 minutes ago, iAMTemple said:

I didn't say it was hard, I said it wasn't an easy task. To obtain a handgun with a permit or without, you must first go through a thorough background check and wait 3 days to 4 weeks before going and picking it up. A similar but even lengthier process applies for a conceal carry. In addition, you must also be over the age of 21.

To obtain a rifle or shotgun, you don't need a concealed carry, but some states now require the age of 21 or over after a new law had been implemented in 2018. Some states only require 18 and over. You can go into a gun store and walk out with an AR15 without any checks, that's only very few select states. Some others you will have to go through a similar process as for a pistol (background checks, etc.).

Are you basing this off personal experience or just stuff you've looked up? While gun laws can vary a lot state by state, it's not nearly as complicated as this.

I live in Florida and every handgun I've ever purchased from a retailer only required a 24hr grace period before I could take possession of the weapon. They call it the "Passion Period" to help curb crimes of passion.

Likewise, conceal carry permits are pretty easy to get. You go to a certified instructor, take about a 3-6 hour course, and you pay about $100. Processing time is 90 days after that.

You can walk into a retail store and buy a shotgun or rifle and leave with it the same day, but there are most definitely still background checks involved. Most background checks in regards to purchasing a firearm are completed with a simple phone call.

There are also private sales which happen between people and federally licensed dealers, which are very commonplace.

I agree that the ability to acquire guns illegally in this environment seems a bit difficult, but to be honest I'm not seeing that big an issue with it. If anything, it seems to curb the typical trigger happy mentality you see on other servers. It also gives people a bit of pause before doing something potentially dangerous, not knowing if your potential victim or anyone nearby is armed and might intervene.

• taylor locked this topic