Property management

ICE

So I think there already are different parts of PM, but it would be cool if it was like this;

- Leasing 

- General 

- Auction 

- Management 

So you'd have Leasing Staff within Property Management, they'd be incharge of issuing leasing, and nothing else.

General would be in charge of interior changes, garage requests, general requests ect.

Auction would be in charge of making auctions, settling auctions, and keeping it active so players have the option to have new houses and cars.

Management are the people who make the changes, new properties, and all the back end difficult stuff you guys already do.

I also think integrating support into it would help a lot; property management is not like any other admin group, it's a very difficult and demanding one, therefore I think to maximise activity and productivity, you should allow testers to respond to the threads, not make any serious decisions, but they would take a yes or a no from an admin, and they would make the write-ups for the general requests ect. this saves so much time for the admins, allowing them to focus on other things, and allowing more to be done instead of being stuck writing an response to a general request. 

I guess this would not be possible - but personally I know that with the current staff there is so much potential for property management, there is just not enough hours in the day to full tap that. I think if you had the right amount of members, property would be amazing.

I'm not saying you guys aren't already doing a good job - you are, you're making amazing changes and updates that seriously change the way we play, however a lot of us want things like new houses, cars ect. and to do that you need more time.

This essentially just spreads the time in a day out between multiple people, allowing you to achieve more.

I'm pretty sure this is already how Property Management works. Rybyn is head of leasing and there is members of Property Management that focus on that, for example. When it comes to auctions, those are hold at the moment so a better system can be worked out. 

Support members can join Property Management and can contribute like anyone else. The only thing they can't do is create properties, change interiors etc. in-game as that's restricted to admins.

The way the day to day operations of Property Management is being changed to be a lot more efficient too with the help of the UCP. 

I'll tag the people running the Property Management team (except for Pascal who is on absence currently) to add anything else or correct me if I made any mistkaes. @Atiku @Rybyn

Auctions were a flawed system that oftentimes brought results that we weren't satisfied with. Whether this be a lack of responses or a set of responses that weren't good at all. People are more than welcome to send in attempts to pitch for vehicles now but auctions are something that's on the back burner.

Keane pretty much covers the other points perfectly.

Edited by Rybyn
  • Pascal locked this topic
9 hours ago, ICE said:

So I think there already are different parts of PM, but it would be cool if it was like this;

- Leasing 

We already have a Head of Leasing role, traditionally this was a one-person job however recently the leasing role has been handled by two members of Property Management.

9 hours ago, ICE said:

General would be in charge of interior changes, garage requests, general requests ect.

The majority of Property Management staff function as 'general' staff, who handle the day-to-day requests work - as this is by far our most demanding area.

9 hours ago, ICE said:

Auction would be in charge of making auctions, settling auctions, and keeping it active so players have the option to have new houses and cars.

Not necessary - the demand for auctions to take place + number of applicants isn't significant enough to warrant an entire department. Auctions (and similarly pitch auctions) have numerous issues, see this post within the spoiler for more details:

Spoiler

Quote:

On 3/4/2019 at 5:58 PM, Pascal said:

the whole idea of auctions is not well-suited for purpose currently. I wasn't a fan of how the traditional auction system worked as it opened the doors for characters who didn't fit the bill to win anything purely on the basis of script-wise cash and not fitting portrayal, and as such developed the idea of "pitches" as a system. The intention was to phase out the idea of traditional auctions with a system that matches assets to suitable characters - and I recall not being huge on the idea of the name "pitch auctions", but keeping "pitches" separate to them.

Pitch Auctions, in practice, saw several issues. First of all, demand for them was severely limited, with only a very small number of players that you could barely even count on one hand openly asking for them to take place. Second of which was timing. We would have players approach us to ask how to acquire a certain asset - a garage for example - and then next week a garage Pitch Auction was launched, with little-to-no applications being sent in. Third of all was overall quality of applications often being both bare minimum and not lining up well with the property in question (mainly a property thing, as there's a lot less to match with vehicles).

Pitch Auctions will continue to not be posted for some time and there is a good chance you may not see one at all in the future. The concept of pitching is good and some pitch auctions have been great matches, but the auction part of it doesn't really scale to match needs of the playerbase well.

9 hours ago, ICE said:

Management are the people who make the changes, new properties, and all the back end difficult stuff you guys already do.

Major decisions aren't too frequent to warrant an entire management group within PM -  we occasionally roll out major decisions, which involve discussion and debate within the team. Besides this - the Head of Leasing role exists to cover big leasing decisions, and big decisions for everything else are assigned to a member to figure out, come up with a judgement and act on it.

9 hours ago, ICE said:

I also think integrating support into it would help a lot; property management is not like any other admin group, it's a very difficult and demanding one, therefore I think to maximise activity and productivity, you should allow testers to respond to the threads, not make any serious decisions, but they would take a yes or a no from an admin, and they would make the write-ups for the general requests ect. this saves so much time for the admins, allowing them to focus on other things, and allowing more to be done instead of being stuck writing an response to a general request. 

Support members are already allowed to join Property Management - we have one support member currently and have had several in the past few months.

9 hours ago, ICE said:

it's a very difficult and demanding one, therefore I think to maximise activity and productivity

[...]

however a lot of us want things like new houses, cars ect. and to do that you need more time.

Regarding demand and productivity - we currently have a new UCP application system in development that allows for automated, auto property creation & money collection upon applications being accepted. This will greatly slash our workload and minimise the steps involved in the application process, allowing us to meet demand with less effort. 

9 hours ago, ICE said:

This essentially just spreads the time in a day out between multiple people, allowing you to achieve more.

The time in the day is already fairly spread-out: out of the 6 other members, one covers the leasing role, two others have been doing major work on getting our new UCP system up, another two regularly contribute to requests, and the final is a support member who handles applications but cannot create them due to their rank. The main issue we see is demand versus number of Property Management members - an issue I'd like to focus on addressing with automation of work through the new UCP requests (and improved commands that are easier-to-use and offer more functionality, which is something we've been implementing over the past few weeks and continue to implement), and the recruitment of more members in the future when the opportunity arises (we're under high demand of UCP applications to join the server at the moment, so Property recruiting fresh support members would worsen the problem of demand of incoming apps).

Locked on that note.