Placeholder Prison & Longer Sentences

Smilesville

While I understand that this suggestion has good intentions and you're attempting to provide solutions around current issues that have been cited to stop the prison from happening, we're actively working on getting a DOC up and running. Considering the work that would have to be put into a temporary prison vs the work that needs to be put into a more permanent DOC I think it is worth waiting slightly longer for the full thing than a half-baked version.

3 hours ago, Notbond said:

Considering the work that would have to be put into a temporary prison vs the work that needs to be put into a more permanent DOC I think it is worth waiting slightly longer for the full thing than a half-baked version.

You've got a much better look at things behind the scenes than we do (obviously) so it's great to hear that's the case! I'm curious as to how far off the DOC is exactly (or as exact as we can estimate, really) because my impression is that there is a choke point in the form of some technical difficulties for the staff member assigned to the task. Are we talking about a week versus two weeks, or a week versus a month? (Not that I believe it'll only take a week to make new interiors and rig the script, but you get the comparison I'm making.)

If there's a disparity there of more than a month, I would suggest perhaps it may pay off to go ahead and put in a predecessor to the full system anyways, if only to get "proof of concept" and fix the new system pre-emptively with any issue that crops up in the alpha stage of the prison system.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 6:16 AM, Smilesville said:

You've got a much better look at things behind the scenes than we do (obviously) so it's great to hear that's the case! I'm curious as to how far off the DOC is exactly (or as exact as we can estimate, really) because my impression is that there is a choke point in the form of some technical difficulties for the staff member assigned to the task. Are we talking about a week versus two weeks, or a week versus a month? (Not that I believe it'll only take a week to make new interiors and rig the script, but you get the comparison I'm making.)

If there's a disparity there of more than a month, I would suggest perhaps it may pay off to go ahead and put in a predecessor to the full system anyways, if only to get "proof of concept" and fix the new system pre-emptively with any issue that crops up in the alpha stage of the prison system.

It's not going to happen this month. 

We're not pushing a placeholder either though. There's no argument about everyone wanting a prison but we're not making a half-assed excuse for a prison and fixing it along the way either. Players will simply have to wait until we wrap up everything from mapping to hiring a staff for it.