Property and tax

Paul Wayne

Hi, I have a question about properties and tax. As all of you know, if you buy more then two houses you will get taxed on top of the selling price. In my case I have 4 houses in total, and if I try to buy a $95k house I will have to pay $171k because of taxes (I know the exact price because I tried to buy a house). First of all, how is this calculated? and secondly, if I wish to buy a business, lets say a club, from another player will I face tax on top of the selling price? or is this something only for houses?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, John Chambers said:

I believe it was a system put in place to prevent people from owning too many houses at once. There was an issue in the past I believe with people buying too many houses to just flip them all later for a rather large profit with no restrictions set in place.

I am hoping this is intended. The prices now are nice and allow each player to get affordable housing.

If people are allowed to spam buy properties and then flip them for a stupid amount it becomes crazy expensive. 

However, roleplaying an estate agent would be much easier if the opposite was true.

I think its fine. If you wanna RP as a real estate agent, then you should need special perms to do it ( maybe that reduce the tax), along with more strict oversight to ensure you don't just buy up the entire market for the profit of flipping once you increase demand artificially.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 4:50 PM, Velora said:

I think its fine. If you wanna RP as a real estate agent, then you should need special perms to do it ( maybe that reduce the tax), along with more strict oversight to ensure you don't just buy up the entire market for the profit of flipping once you increase demand artificially.

I agree, however, we don't want people stockpiling real estate.