Realistic Roleplay (Criminal and Legal)

Benny Black

20 hours ago, RoamPT said:

If you approach someone that doesn't know you and demand them to pay you, obviously they will tell you to take a hike, I wouldn't be scared either and I would kick you out as well. You don't sound intimidating coming alone and approach someone that is at their property at their comfort, protected and confident of their surroundings.

If I was a mob character I would go in with some muscle and I would approach the owner in a private space and I would first introduce myself, what was the nature of my presence there and I would explain how their club need my protection and what I can do to protect it, I would wait for their reaction and decide after that where to take it next, if they refused I would make threats on damaging their club, loosing clients etc etc. I doubt the other party will have that same reaction if you come with bodyguards and if you actually threaten the way that mob would.

I don't know if your explanation was complete, but the way I see it, there isn't enough Roleplay effort in your approach, that being said the other party won't even bother making a proper approach as well.

Yeah, and that's a fine response. I'm not sure you read anything I said dawg. I said a realistic option that's realistic. I'm talking about me walking off, and leaving not coming back. They proceed to try and murder me or blast me in their store. End of the day response is they try to PK me, so, i'm forced to PK them first. (Note: The times i'm talking about i've all had 2-3 other guys with me.)

Also y'all need to chill, and keep on the topic. I'm talking about realistic roleplay not extortion. That was just a good example as far as reputation etc. goes. I've ended up CKING, and Pking over 10 people for these exact reasons. THE EXTORTION ATTEMPT WAS JUST A EXAMPLE. It's not the point of the argument. Focus on the other points in what I wrote, please @Estes @Big_Smokes

Edited by Benny Black

I suppose one would expect "civilians' to become more militant considering the environment, where the vast majority of the city are criminals.  Hell some 'gangs' have declared war on the PD, which should have resulted in the army coming in to blow them up. But it didn't sadly...

You can really only kick a dog so many times, until it bites you back.

27 minutes ago, Benny Black said:

Yeah, and that's a fine response. I'm not sure you read anything I said dawg. I said a realistic option that's realistic. I'm talking about me walking off, and leaving not coming back. They proceed to try and murder me or blast me in their store. End of the day response is they try to PK me, so, i'm forced to PK them first. (Note: The times i'm talking about i've all had 2-3 other guys with me.)

No I did, I get your point really. I see what's your concern that's why I said that maybe you didn't fully explained your approach and that's why I suggested that approach. Now I understand but thing is it's a different generation now, people nowadays really don't give two s*its about anything, obviously that will be portrayed IG. Eventually you will find someone willingly to Roleplay that.

• Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Chef said:

Protection rackets are so a thing. In fact, a majority of the mafia's income is based on extortion, loansharking and illegal gambling. Always has been, likely always will be. The three go hand, in hand, in hand. 

https://nypost.com/2019/03/13/reputed-mobsters-acquitted-in-racketeering-and-extortion-case/

I misphrased - Protection Rackets /are/ a thing, however they're not the main source of the income - I'm sure you guys do other things, but your presence is highly known within the city, and you pick on other people - the mafia is not a street gang, they don't bully. 

Both of the posts you showed where both based in New York - where the five families have ruled for the last 80 or so years.

It's a different story for LA or LS, number one, you have people who are very loud mouth - they want to pose and flex on people, they also commit crimes and get caught very obviously.

I'll give you an exact quote, after saying that Paul Mazzanti had a receeding hairling, Frank Russo came up to me at the resort party, speaking about how I'm in trouble with his "friends", when you're extorted by a large group of Italians who are clearly very crime orientaed, you know for a fact they're the mob.

Now Paul Mazzanti replied to Frank by saying "Yeah, he's not on good terms with ours either." Focus on the OURS, he's either referring to a crew or a whole family - and it was fucking obvious, I don't know any of them OOC, I litteraly could just tell, I've seen godfather, I've seen goodfellas, I've seen the sopranos. It's not that different, which is worrying.

The Omerta is something that should be taken very seriously, especially after the media leaks in the late 90's, yet I've seen more mobsters in the entire city then I've seen hoodrats in Rancho. 

And before you say "how do you know their a part of LCN?" it's fucking obvious - from my perspective, bread and butter Italians, news articles linking themselves, houses being raided and bodies found in carpets. It's so obvious, it shouldn't be like that.

I love LCN RP, it's the best type of criminal RP in my opinion, but this is wayyy too loud, I'm not saying don't do protection rackets by any means - but I am saying that you need to make sure before you actually move in.

Do you think these racket crews go up to any bar they find and extort them? They gather intel, they learn about them - what happens when you go to a bar where an off duty cop is working and try to extort them? Or when you go to a club and try to extort a leader of a gang. 

I think that the LCN on this server has so much potential, but it's untapped, I know for a fact, with the exact same people playing the same characters, except more realistically, you could blow any other LCN RP out of the water. 

The RP is great, the delivery is horrible.

I can see how things are more revolved around money then actual RP in some cases, I was extorted 30 grand for spitting in Peter Colini's face, honestly - he should of killed me, or beat the absolute fuck out of me, either one, it would of been more realistic. 

mafia guy: "Give me 30k"

me guy: "ok"

*gives 30k*

police guy: "y u give him 30k?"

me guy: "he say if i not he make kill"

police guy: "nee nor nee nor nee nor"

mafia guy: "ay capeech, fuck outa here, capeech?"

6 minutes ago, ICE said:

I misphrased - Protection Rackets /are/ a thing, however they're not the main source of the income - I'm sure you guys do other things, but your presence is highly known within the city, and you pick on other people - the mafia is not a street gang, they don't bully. 

Both of the posts you showed where both based in New York - where the five families have ruled for the last 80 or so years.

It's a different story for LA or LS, number one, you have people who are very loud mouth - they want to pose and flex on people, they also commit crimes and get caught very obviously.

I'll give you an exact quote, after saying that Paul Mazzanti had a receeding hairling, Frank Russo came up to me at the resort party, speaking about how I'm in trouble with his "friends", when you're extorted by a large group of Italians who are clearly very crime orientaed, you know for a fact they're the mob.

Now Paul Mazzanti replied to Frank by saying "Yeah, he's not on good terms with ours either." Focus on the OURS, he's either referring to a crew or a whole family - and it was fucking obvious, I don't know any of them OOC, I litteraly could just tell, I've seen godfather, I've seen goodfellas, I've seen the sopranos. It's not that different, which is worrying.

The Omerta is something that should be taken very seriously, especially after the media leaks in the late 90's, yet I've seen more mobsters in the entire city then I've seen hoodrats in Rancho. 

And before you say "how do you know their a part of LCN?" it's fucking obvious - from my perspective, bread and butter Italians, news articles linking themselves, houses being raided and bodies found in carpets. It's so obvious, it shouldn't be like that.

I love LCN RP, it's the best type of criminal RP in my opinion, but this is wayyy too loud, I'm not saying don't do protection rackets by any means - but I am saying that you need to make sure before you actually move in.

Do you think these racket crews go up to any bar they find and extort them? They gather intel, they learn about them - what happens when you go to a bar where an off duty cop is working and try to extort them? Or when you go to a club and try to extort a leader of a gang. 

I think that the LCN on this server has so much potential, but it's untapped, I know for a fact, with the exact same people playing the same characters, except more realistically, you could blow any other LCN RP out of the water. 

The RP is great, the delivery is horrible.

I can see how things are more revolved around money then actual RP in some cases, I was extorted 30 grand for spitting in Peter Colini's face, honestly - he should of killed me, or beat the absolute fuck out of me, either one, it would of been more realistic. 

mafia guy: "Give me 30k"

me guy: "ok"

*gives 30k*

police guy: "y u give him 30k?"

me guy: "he say if i not he make kill"

police guy: "nee nor nee nor nee nor"

mafia guy: "ay capeech, fuck outa here, capeech?"

You clearly haven't the slightest clue about who is who and what we do, so I'm just going to leave it at that. I didn't quote you imploring a source of your supposed pool of LCN knowledge to hear a sob story about how you're upset you got fucked IC by a bunch of egotistical mob associates. 

Just now, Chef said:

You clearly haven't the slightest clue about who is who and what we do, so I'm just going to leave it at that. I didn't quote you imploring a source of your supposed pool of LCN knowledge to hear a sob story about how you're upset you got fucked IC by a bunch of egotistical mob associates. 

Okay clearly I misunderstood.

I was under the assumption that Frank Russo, Peter Colini and Thomas Alo where made? They act like they are.

Clearly I don't know what you do, it wasn't a sob story, I was telling you what happened. Don't be a prick thanks.

• Thanks 1