Football RP

ICE

Football (SOCHAIR) is a sport that many people love, and for obvious reasons you can't play it in base gta. 

But with the great imaginations and minds that make up roleplay communities, I'm sure we can figure out a way to play football.

Nothing large scale, every now and then my character would host football matches, and anyone can get involved - I think it's a really good non profit that will build communities and lower violence throughout.

I was thinking;

For every time you shoot, you'd have to /roll, it it lands below 5 it's a miss, if it lands above 5 it's a potential goal.

From the point of the /roll, the goal keeper has to attempt to save the ball, he has 5-10 seconds to do so, if the RP is limited, and/or he doesn't get it in 10 seconds, it's a goal.

Now the biggest issue is possession, I was thinking I'd make a suggestion for a simple script to be added;

/pass or /pb (id/name), you'd do this after RPing a pass and the player you pass to receives the pass, example; 

* Diego Maradona digs the ball, kicking it high towards David Beckham

* David Beckham watches the ball fly through the air, connecting it with the inner side of his foot, then dragging it to the floor.

/pass david beckham ((Diego Maradona))

To intercept, you'd have to interupt the lines of RP with a replicant amount of effort as put in as the passing player, example;

* John Terry slides in, attempting to swipe the ball away from Diego Maradona

* David Beckham watches the ball fly through the air, connecting it with the inner side of his foot, then dragging it to the floor.

(Successful Interception/tackle)

* John Terry takes the ball from deigo

(Un-successful Interception/tackle))

* John Terry slides in, attempting to swipe the ball away from Diego Maradona

(Un-successful Interception/tackle))

To dribble, you must RP a line every 10 seconds of movement, this will be timed by the referee's.

To identify the ball carrier, the /pass script would add a small football icon over someones head, or simple a ((HAS THE BALL)) over the head.

This essentially still makes football remain the main focus, however it also adds in a form of sport, a sport of typing and RP.

The whole sport would be revolved around typing speed ect.

Meaning that the more you practise, and the more you play, the better you are.

There eventually could be a leauge, and players would get officially rated, and the players would have to RP to their rating.

If anyone has any better ideas or comments let me know ?

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
20 minutes ago, ALT2 said:

This is actually pretty cool.

Though, refer to it as "Soccer".. Cuz you know, merica. ?

you've only gone and done it

MLS (Major League Soccer) regulated by FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association)

Countries that call Football Football = Fucking everyone

Countries that call Football Soccer = USA, Canada

The reason as to why America calls Football Soccer is because we came up with the name first, then we changed it, then you kept it, aka you're outdated.

England 1

America 0 

Just now, ICE said:

you've only gone and done it

MLS (Major League Soccer) regulated by FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association)

Countries that call Football Football = Fucking everyone

Countries that call Football Soccer = USA, Canada

The reason as to why America calls Football Soccer is because we came up with the name first, then we changed it, then you kept it, aka you're outdated.

England 1

America 0 

I don't take responsibility for any of my country's actions.

Sincerely,

An American With A Brain That Didn't Vote For Trump

• Upvote 2
Just now, ALT2 said:

I don't take responsibility for any of my country's actions.

Sincerely,

An American With A Brain That Didn't Vote For Trump

I respect that.

it's still football tho

Time limits in a texted based games are always iffy.  Everyone has different typing speeds, and with how cluttered the chat box can get, I'd hate to see it with a full pitch and spectators.

I'm sure you'll find people who enjoy that roleplay though.