car wash

CouthInk4

• Developer
3 hours ago, LuckyOne said:

It'd be pretty nice to have this feature, unfortunately I think the dirt on cars isn't synced since sometimes my car's all clean after relogging or leaving an interior.

True, maybe this is better on 1.1 then it actually worth it.

Just now, St3fan[NL] said:

True, maybe this is better on 1.1 then it actually worth it.

Does 1.1 have sync to support it? Currently all vehicle modules - trunk, hood headlight, damage etc only affect players in STREAMING range. Players that enter streaming range from away see default values - is this updated on 1.1? 

This is a good idea, but maybe it can be evolved into something more than just a car wash. If such script does get implemented, giving access to the script to regular players should be considered as well. I won't go as far to say some people wash their own cars IRL, since I know it's a game and if we make it available to everyone - no one will pay these 500 bucks to wash a car and just do the command without RPling the hassle. But on some occasions it should be available for players to allow events such as car wash fundraisers or yard washes, private carwashes, or even homeless people that wash your window at the intersection. It can provide a good portion of RP in my opinion. 

And I agree with Hustle, it should be a scriptwise job and not a script. I know it must suck for people outside the peak timezones, but it will actually give these people something to do and a place to work at outside of peak hours, so it'll only benefit you guys. 

Edited by MrsHamster
  • Developer

Not gonna work. I just did a test script to see HOW quick cars actually get dirty, they get dirtier by the second they drive. Regardless of the ground they drive on.

Max dirt level is 15, going from Los Santos Highway down to Legion Square it went from 0 to 2 already...

It also wont be a smooth sync..