Weapon Scrolling.

Sami.

I think there needs to be RP for every weapon being scrolled.

Let's say you're in a situation, you pull a gun with RP, someone else scrolls it and shoots you.

By the time you've pressed enter, then scrolled the gun, and aimed it, you've got two bullets in you.

If it was equal, it would make sense, it takes time IRL for you to pull a gun out, not a long amount of time, probably the same amount of time it takes to type a /me about doing it.

It just causes issues, and allows shit RPers, to RP shitly.

• Applaud 1

But what if I reverse that, and lets imagine I roleplay pulling out my gun. Then the other guy needs to roleplay pulling out his, but by the time he does that I've already shot him ten times? Doesn't that beat the purpose of introducing this rule. If noone needs to roleplay the scroll, it's every mans game and it's about reaction time and not determined by how fast you can type out a /me.

Just now, Sami said:

Maybe there could be an animation then? When you take out a gun there should be like a quick gun withdrawal animation.

There's already a withdrawal animation being played when you scroll weapons by default actually. It's very short, but it's there.

Don't agree with this, you don't need an emote to have a gun when an animation & weapon is present to do it for you.

/me's are generally for emotes/actions that you wouldn't see per the statements above, bar some rules such as "Large Weapons" 'cos anyone can bring that out without reacting.

probably the same amount of time it takes to type a /me about doing it.

Depends on the person typing also, it's a bit hit & miss but I believe this post is per actions that've happened to yourself ingame & are seeking a way to justify the loss (might not be, don't just reply on that statement alone) Unfortunately small weapons should remain emoteless and if someone wants to emote it, then they can.

Just now, -Andreas said:

There's already a withdrawal animation being played when you scroll weapons by default actually. It's very short, but it's there.

Fair enough then, I'll just not RP taking my guns out anymore lmfao

1 hour ago, hentai! said:

If you want to be better just keep a notepad aside and copy and paste lines, other than that - nah, the emotes are not needed here.

Or an AutoHotKey script that has these on a keybind

1 hour ago, Sami said:

I think there needs to be RP for every weapon being scrolled.

Let's say you're in a situation, you pull a gun with RP, someone else scrolls it and shoots you.

By the time you've pressed enter, then scrolled the gun, and aimed it, you've got two bullets in you.

If it was equal, it would make sense, it takes time IRL for you to pull a gun out, not a long amount of time, probably the same amount of time it takes to type a /me about doing it.

It just causes issues, and allows shit RPers, to RP shitly.

I don't agree, for Hand Guns (E.G. Combat Pistol and his relatives) you are not forced to roleplay pulling them out really. Biggers gun (E.G. Shotgun and that size of a weapon) you definitely have to, there's a rule 15.0 written about it.

Edited by Vash Baldeus

Small weapons (Knives, Pistols) shouldn't have to be role played, but would be expected. Large weapons (shotgun/bat/AK/m4 and their variants) should be role played every time.

If you want to be better just keep a notepad aside and copy and paste lines

This isn't a low/medium server though and also why why not every gun should have to be role played because then people would just resort to this which isn't really any different. All this does is defeats the purpose of heavy RP. To be honest, AHK scripts or copy pasting resulting in low effort RP should not be allowed.

How it is now, is perfectly fine. 

But what if I reverse that, and lets imagine I roleplay pulling out my gun. Then the other guy needs to roleplay pulling out his, but by the time he does that I've already shot him ten times? Doesn't that beat the purpose of introducing this rule. If noone needs to roleplay the scroll, it's every mans game and it's about reaction time and not determined by how fast you can type out a /me.

•  

Which is an example of why it's good with the way the rules currently enforced. You're not going to encounter a situation where you may potentially be shot out of no where by someone who pulls an shot gun out of their ass without it being role played beforehand.

Also, if this were the case - then the rule would need to be adjusted so that if a player is forced to role play every weapon then only the initiating player should role play afterwards the opposing player can take out theirs without role playing to stand a fair chance.

Off topic: Is it possible to add into the script heavy weapons to show on a players character (e.g; their back) similar to how it is in certain samp servers?

Edited by bool
  • mj2002 locked this topic