Weapon Scrolling.

Sami.

Woah, the naivete here is astounding.

Let's say you want to do a drive-by on an enemy gang turf, right? All you have to do is type the long ass /me's a block away while going full-speed with the car, and if they ask whether you did a /me it's gonna be right there in the logs.

You don't even need a triple digit IQ to figure that out.

The rules are fine the way they are.

• 1 month later...

Large weapons... yeah they should be RPed but pistols and shit? Nah. People are to childish and p2w to rp a reaction theyll either just dip before you actually get the gun out and aim or they’ll whip there shit out and shoot you. Well unless it’s a drive by, the weapon in a drive by should have some sort of RP even if it’s a little bit before you actually get to the person you’re shooting, a simple “/me begins to hang out the window, pistol in hand ready to shoot.” Then once you get to the people you jus shoot ??‍♂️ 

On 6/18/2019 at 2:32 AM, DeadlyMask said:

Woah, the naivete here is astounding.

Let's say you want to do a drive-by on an enemy gang turf, right? All you have to do is type the long ass /me's a block away while going full-speed with the car, and if they ask whether you did a /me it's gonna be right there in the logs.

You don't even need a triple digit IQ to figure that out.

The rules are fine the way they are.

ok but why is ur profile a school shooter

• 8 months later...

Reviving this thread because I was going to make a suggestion on the same issue.

I think there definitely needs to be some sort of /ame when someone scrolls their gun. Right now someone's firearm will just coalesce out of the ether into their hand. In reality there should be some kind of movement as they reach for it or something like that. Since character model making a movement to grab a gun doesn't exist, an /ame is the next best thing. 

Even a vague /ame like "John Smith moves his hand, grabbing towards his body and withdrawing an unknown item" would be sufficient because then it gives you time to react to the hand movement the person would have to make to draw their firearm. 

Right now just having it appear out of thin air into their hand is ridiculous and not in line for a server that categorizes itself as heavy RP. 

• 4 weeks later...

i personally think that the /ame for reaching for a weapon should be displayed whenever you put a weapon into your hands, whether that be using /equip (this already happens!) or by just scrolling it out. i assume it’s a script limitation that it can’t be detected when you scroll a gun like it can while using /equip

so i agree with this point, really:

On 4/29/2020 at 5:30 PM, SugarDavis said:

I think there definitely needs to be some sort of /ame when someone scrolls their gun. Right now someone's firearm will just coalesce out of the ether into their hand. In reality there should be some kind of movement as they reach for it or something like that. Since character model making a movement to grab a gun doesn't exist, an /ame is the next best thing. 

Even a vague /ame like "John Smith moves his hand, grabbing towards his body and withdrawing an unknown item" would be sufficient because then it gives you time to react to the hand movement the person would have to make to draw their firearm. 

No. You have to RP two-handed weapons, I don't agree with making it for every weapon. Realistically you're gonna see someone taking out a two handed weapon, but you won't see a one-handed weapon being taken out most of the time. For example, with a pistol? You could have your hand under your shirt and play it off as if you're rubbing your belly or something and just pull out a pistol and blam someone. 

• mj2002 locked this topic