Housing

Sami.

There are a lot of people who don't buy houses because they either can't afford one, or don't /need/ one, and it's something not worth going into debt for.

I think right now there is a housing crisis, property management don't want to add in more houses because of the current amount of houses that are for sale.

People don't want to buy houses because the location doesn't suit their character.

I think there should be a compromise here, where property management should probably allow people to request houses, it won't happen due to the amount of requests that would get flooded in.

To counter this, first of all, it should be against the rules for a person to rent out an apartment or house for $1 an hour and keep it like that. The only time this is acceptable is if they where RPing for example, a hostel or a motel.

You should need a house to be able to register a business, become employed by the state, ect.

There are ways for people to make money, there are loan companies, and jobs in excess available.

I know of two companies, one being Goldenpalm, who supply a housing stipend for their executives.

If more people bought houses, everyone else could RP living in a place that suits them.

I currently live in an apartment in Downtown Vinewood that really doesn't suit my character, but I have to because people who live in Vespucci don't want to sell their house because they don't want to live in a shit apartment, and that's the same for Mirror Park, and obviously he wouldn't live in a hood.

We need a way of creating a good housing economy, where yes, I think that a few houses up north in the hills should be put up for sale, from the $1,000,000 - $5,000,000 range, I also do think that you can't have a bunch of houses floating about.

But realistically, the current amount of houses are greater then the playerbase.

And unless you want everyone to live in the same place for fucking years, and for there to be no change in the housing market, then it will have to remain that way.

I'm going to take a rough guess, and say that there is about 90-100 houses for sale right now.

The playerbase is slowly creeping up, with new people, meaning that eventually the hood will get full, and that will then move to Vespucci, but this will take MONTHS.

Personally, I believe where your character lives is a huge part of your characters story.

This could be stupid, but - if we did a vote to remove 50% of the current houses for sale that are /not/ in the hood, and replaced that 50% with things like apartment blocks, suburbs with a variation of housing (South west rockford and Del Perro), and possiably a few luxury houses, then surely the housing economy would get better, there would be a greater variation in housing, and people would want houses more.

Apartment blocks are something that is seriously needed, not only can there be a variation of apartments, with the top 3 floors being penthouses, it builds a community, the only communities I have seen that are revolved around housing, are the Rancho Projects, and Forum Dr. And that's not gang related, there are non gang affiliated people who live there who are friends with others due to the fact that they are all neighbours.

Requesting houses is far from feasible right now due to the amount of requests that would come in immediately. We have plans to expand housing in the future and systems to allow more housing in more suitable areas are coming.

Locked and archived.

• Robyn locked this topic
6 hours ago, Sami said:

property management don't want to add in more houses because of the current amount of houses that are for sale. 

Just to address this - the amount of existing houses isn't the reason we're not adding new houses. We're not adding houses currently as we're both fairly busy at the moment and due to get several new systems + tweaks to existing systems in the next few weeks that will require testing + us to get familiarised with. A side effect of these systems however is that we will have considerably more freetime as they provide tools to do what we currently do much faster.

• Applaud 1