Use both Cash & Bank money to purchase things

Short description:

Currently if you want to purchase anything, some systems require the money to be on-hand, some allow to have either, or some allow only to have it in bank. My suggestion is to use both at the same time, meaning if for example you purchase something that costs $1,000 and you have half on hand and half in bank it should auto take the missing half out of bank.

Detailed description:

Some systems current;y require the money to be in bank account or on-hand, in real life you can both use cash and a credit-card (in our case bank) to pay for a single purchase, currently the situation is not like this, most systems in the game-mode currently allow either have the money on hand or in bank. My suggestion focuses on the ability to to pay with anything regardless of how much money you have on-hand or in-bank, meaning if you purchase something for the cost of lets say $10,000 and you have $300 on-hand, the system will automatically pull the remaining $9,700 from your bank account as credit-card usage instead of having to have the money either on-hand or in-bank.

An addition by @Sami:

6 hours ago, Sami said:

This would be great /however.../

There should be a realistic approach to this.

There should be multiple "tiers" of cards, just like IRL.

I feel like this is do-able with an item instead of a direct "y" and the money is deducted from your bank.

To keep it in the GTA World it could go off of shark cards.

Red Shark Card - 1.5% Interest, can only hold up to $50,000

Blue Shark Card - 1.0% Interest, costs $5000 and can hold up to $100,000

Black Shark Card - 0.5% Interest, costs $10000, only obtainable if you have maxed out all previous cards, can hold up to $250,000

Gold Shark Card - 0.1% Interest, only obtainable if total asset worth is above $1,000,000, must of maxed out all previous cards, can hold up to $500,000.

The reason for the limits and prices is to prevent the whole LSRP interest system. It also adds exclusiveness to certain cards, if a person in a suit walks into a restaurant in real life, pulls out a black american express card, they mean business - and that is something that would be cool for all of us businessmen.

This also prevents people only carrying cards and no cash. 

Businesses would pay .5% per transaction with a red shark card, however that will drop, and start to reach the negatives meaning they will make money as the tiers go up.

Credit cards and the banking system is something that can be so amazing if made an IC, non-script wise thing. Which for example, is what my corporation is trying to do if we ever become an official faction. 

I think the idea of having debit cars are great, but it should have more realism to it.

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server?

This is more of a quality of life feature in my eyes, hence I do believe it should be like that.

Additional information:

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would definitely save us time going all the way back to the bank and withdrawing money. This could also be twisted in ways to expand the system a little by like saying, implementing cheques. Either way, I support this.

Edited by Gowdamn
Just now, Gowdamn said:

This would definitely save us time going all the way back to the bank and withdrawing money. This could also be twisted in ways to expand the system a little by like saying, implementing cheques. 

Or credit-card items down the road, making that if you don't have a credit-card physically on you you can't pay via bank or something like that.

9 minutes ago, Daenerys_Targaryen said:

The only issue I see with this is for illegal character RPers who go out and rob people. No one would ever have a reason to carry money on them script wise, defeating the purpose for those illegal characters of robbing people for cash. 

Lets be honest these days people carry more credit cards than cash.. so this will add to the realism.