CONTROLLER - Short film [College graduation crowdfunding]

Triple-J

Heyy what's up GTA World Community,

I'm a film student and music artist from the Netherlands and I've been enjoying roleplaying on this 5-6 months now! Unfortunately I don't have much time as my college graduation takes up most of my time, but still am happy that serious GTA roleplay has returned. On SA-MP you might have known me as:

Carlos Ortiz (CoS-RP), Jesse Chavez (CoS-RP, IBP-RP, LS-RP) and other names on (LS-RP and HF-RP). I also build up quite the fanbase on youtube as J3Machinimamovies or Triple-J Productions. In fact sa-mp is where my whole film career started. One video even hit over 1 million views!

This year I'm graduating from college with my short film Controller and I need all the help I can get!
My dream is to become a skilled movie director and this is my first step into becoming just that.

WERKTITEL%20CONTROLLER%20copy_0.png

introduction%20KTITEL%20CONTROLLER.png

In 2015 a picture of a dress went viral. The picture split people up between two camps. Those who thought the dress was coloured blue and black and those who thought it was white and gold. The solution? Some claimed that having fewer receptors in the human eye was the the cause. Others claimed the human brain attempts to 'fix'  the image it's colours because of the shadow tint. Meaning the brain could adjust an observation through associations that are already there.

So a lot happens after the human brain observes the 'real' reality. Is your reality exactly the same as mine? And how do we know that his 'real'  reality isn't just all a simulation. Like the world we see in a video game? More and more scientific research seems to suggest this, as well as the example of Elon Musk. A psychosis is seen as false images that the brain composes, but can they also be real?

These are the questions that keep me busy and have led to coming up with this story. The film 'Controller' will become a short conceptual fiction film that goes deeper into this philosophy.

premise%20titel%20controller_0.png

Chris is a depressed man in his mid twenties. After two unsuccessful suicide attempts, he comes home defeated. He falls back into his usual pattern, until a discovery in the videogame GTA 5 changes his way of thinking about life. Chris notices how the charactar dies over and over, but just 'wakes' up outside the hospital. This is the moment Chris starts thinking wether he's living a simulated universe himself.

Chris goes outside and starts undertaking actions that he would never dare to do before. To the outside world, Chris seems to lose his grip on reality, but Chris himself feels more alive than ever. Previously he felt controlled by the system, but now he seems to be in control. Is he really?

vorm_0.png

Regie-workshop-2019-dag1-01%20copy_1.png

As you can see this is a story about control, breaking boundaries and most of all a call to start questioning reality. What is real? What is not?

I thought this would be very  fitting to this community as we all roleplay 'fake' charactars, who pretty much could be Chris. Imagine that one day your charactar starts questioning the world he lives in and he starts living on his own, taking control. Or think about it, maybe we are all part of the matrix, and we're living in simulated world ourselves.

In this movie I'm planning on using real life footage combined with GTA 5 footage. I've been thinking that maybe it's even possible to try and shoot a scene in this server? If people are interested. And if enough people are interested, I will defenitely hold a premiere in one of the ingame cinemas!

I hope this gained your attention and makes you curious for more. You can help me by spreading the word about this movie, by donating to my crowdfunding campaign or simply by becoming a fan!

If you can miss a buck, you can DONATE here: https://cinecrowd.com/node/9392

image.gif

Edited by Triple-J
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic