Stress

Short description: Adds a new mechanic / script for stress.

Detailed description: Adds a new script for stress. With that being said it adds a new small bar near your health and armor in red measuring the amount of stress your character is under. Stress can be gained from criminal activities or any other stressful situations. RPing a typical gangbanger out about robbing stuff? That shit is stressful as fuck and the bar would go up. As the bar goes up in percentage there are different negative effects you receive unless treated. There are ways stress can be treated, some better than others. One of those ways being of course drugs, pills, stuff of the sorts. Another way could be just as time goes by not doing any other activities that may cause stress. Tossing a couple more ideas of stress relief, showering (warm showers are awesome), talking to a therapist (would need like a scripted job or something to make the game acknowledge you're talking to someone who can relief stress), probably get some odd looks for this one but i'm an adult I can handle the thought of it... masturbation and or sex. The way the stress could be determined for some occasions (criminal activities mostly) is whenever a weapon is out the stress level could go up slowly, upon /vbreakin or /breakin (accepted /breakin) the stress level could go up alot more. Rob a player directly? /handsup and then the player could be robbed via /rob (id), making both the person being robbed and the person doing the robbing stress go up. There are other situations than criminal activities that can cause stress such as being fired or simply a argument between someone. These would probably be alot harder to do scripting wise, but it's food for thought. There can be more drugs / prescription drugs for doctors / therapists / pharmacy's to prescribe. Not only drugs, but it allows for scripted cigarettes/cigars in gas stations. I haven't put alot of thought into what some of the effects could be for the stress levels yet besides a pulsing screen the more and more you get stressed the more it pulses. 

Commands to add: Most of the commands being use commands for drugs which I'm sure are already in. /prescribe, /use cigarette / cigar w.e (i haven't really explored the drug system yet as it is so I don't even know what the correct use command is yet.), /shower, /masturbate, /sex

Items to add: More prescription pills medicines/drugs, cigarettes, cigars.

How would your suggestion improve the server? I think it'd improve the server by quite alot by giving a real reason for drugs in general for illegal RP and even legal RP for doctors. It creates more purpose for some items that are already in game. With this being said if you're not a doctor and you're selling drugs, your stress goes up aswell from paranoia of being caught, same with gun dealing. It gives more reason for people not to go around robbing every two seconds.

Additional information: Try not to hate on the idea, I'm really just putting it out there for food for thought, and I obviously don't have every little detail thought out, it obviously wouldn't be the easiest thing to do / script, but it is indeed possible as I've seen a system done before. Also let's try to keep it mature when it comes to /sex /masturbate stuff, Feel free to leave your thoughts down below or even add to it, I'm curious what people think.

Edited by Daenerys_Targaryen

No, this an extremely RPGish feature and goes in the complete wrong direction to what the server is aiming for. People are expected, as they always have been, to roleplay these sorts of things every time as we are a high standards RP server. Players who do not roleplay emotions like this when in situations like robbery can sometimes be punished or warned by an admin on the scene or can quickly find themselves becoming PLM cases. We're a roleplay server, this takes all the impetus from how someone would play their character and reduces it to a script that all characters respond to in the same way, that players would find annoying and would just try to minimalise the effects of. This sort of script is unneeded on a high standards roleplay server and for the most part would probably get in the way of actual roleplay.

• Atiku locked this topic