Reduce or remove /pfee tax

Estes

Suggestion template

Short description:   Reduce or remove /pfee tax. It is 20% now which forces business owners to set higher /pfee.

Detailed description:  I spoke to Leon French from the government, head of financial department. Apparently, as far as I understood, nobody knows where those 20% tax money go. My suggestion is either to remove it completely if nobody receives it anyways or to reduce it to at 10% max. This way business owners won't be forced to keep a high entrance fee, thus having more customers. 

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? More people will interact with roleplay only businesses such as cafes, pizzerias, cinemas, etc. Business owners will have no issues lowering /pfee entrance cost. 

Additional information: N/A.

12 minutes ago, Mitch said:

According to Nervous entrance fees are being removed with the next business revision? 

image.png.ed8cfe8898a9627a965e26546a4bede7.png

This was cancelled, as Nervous said this before the 1.4 RP jobs patch. I came to him to explain that while the entrance fee system is far from perfect, the RP jobs won't be (and aren't currently) in the best state in terms of payout and won't be an adequate replacement to entrance fees yet, which the economy is largely dependent on.

I am not a fan of the entrance fee system however I believe we'll need a solid solution to transition stably too, otherwise we'll see potentially severe effects to the economy. We'll be revisiting and tweaking RP jobs, altering payouts and looking for new, useful and attractive jobs for players to do (rather than just sitting behind a counter all day), implementing a way for Property Management to track average job earnings so we can study and better improve how the jobs work, and once they're in a functional enough state where they become competitive enough to act as a replacement to current ways of getting money, then we can look into how to address both RPG jobs and entrance fees differently. That's not an immediate/short-term thing, as we're pushing to make all of Property Management's main tasks as easy and intuitive as possible for both staff handling the requests, and straightforward for players requesting them, only needing simply forms and cutting out many steps involved. 

Thanks for a detailed answer, but my suggestion is to remove the 20% tax, not the /pfee. At least until a better system is introduced. Without /pfee all businesses will be closed or you'd see "here's your latte, 300$ please". So yeah, please let me know what you think of the 20% tax. Either make it lower or remove.

If the entrance fee is 100 to 500 dollars then I see no problem with it. Money is easily made. Maybe when the economy gets reformed then we see.

Just now, Estes said:

Thanks for a detailed answer, but my suggestion is to remove the 20% tax, not the /pfee. At least until a better system is introduced. Without /pfee all businesses will be closed or you'd see "here's your latte, 300$ please". So yeah, please let me know what you think of the 20% tax. Either make it lower or remove.

Is it literally like a sales tax or something? And how can't a GOV head financial guy not know where the tax is going?

Personally, i'm a little confused. It's not hard to operate with a reasonable entry fee at a 20% tax. I've ran a series of bars, clubs etc. while under the 20% tax rule. I typically charged 300 as my entry fee. I usually made 20k a opening which is pretty decent for legal rp. At least that's my personal experience.

2 hours ago, Benny Black said:

Personally, i'm a little confused. It's not hard to operate with a reasonable entry fee at a 20% tax. I've ran a series of bars, clubs etc. while under the 20% tax rule. I typically charged 300 as my entry fee. I usually made 20k a opening which is pretty decent for legal rp. At least that's my personal experience.

You are right, but I'm a jew, therefore less than 400 net is not acceptable for me. ?

4 hours ago, Pascal said:

I am not a fan of the entrance fee system however I believe we'll need a solid solution to transition stably too, otherwise we'll see potentially severe effects to the economy.

I proposed a solution a while back that would award financial benefits to a business based on how long you were able to keep people engaged with your business, as opposed to simply giving you a bonus for getting them in the door; given that the government grants and credit line don't address the problem as was alleged when the thread was locked, perhaps it's time to reconsider something like that.