Reverse cop baiting

.George

As you all know, it is punishable offense to bait cops into chases/shootouts and this rule is being strictly enforced by admins for obvious reasons.
What I haven't heard of being talked about is undercover cops doing same things. It has happened now already two or three times that I have been obviously followed by car that doesn't have LSPD markings on it ( going as far as driving around the block in circle, and they are still tailing me, and keep in mind I always drive with /speedlimiter on ).
In such cases of course it would be normal to try to get rid of car that is obviously following me, and the moment I cross speed limit ( after being obviously tailed by unknown driver ) they start flashing sirens and pulling me over for speeding.
So yes, my suggestion is to put rule in place that would forbid police to obviously tail people in order to force them to try and get rid of unknown vehicle tailing them, breaking speed limit in process.

5 minutes ago, YungYank said:

Not sure about forcing rule onto this, but I can't disagree with it either. Been witness to multiple such cases in my not so long period of playing on GTA:W, I have went myself as far as contacting head of detectives and LSPD chief on discord about this issue, not sure if anything has been done about it though. It's mostly detectives who do that and it looks pretty bad on LSPD side so applying some kind of admin eye to this is definitely needed. And as well as being witness to such events I've also been a part of one, where detectives just kept on cruising around me where I had meeting with someone whom I could potentioally kill and that made situation look so dumb.

I'm not against police patrolling especially high crime zones ( and most of such officers are indeed trained in such fashion, to deter crime ) as I'm sure this is first counter argument someone is going to use. What I am against is police intentionally tailing people in hopes of getting them to speed so they have something to do.

I'm glad to hear the cops actually do their job. It's the rarest occasions if I ever get pulled over because my RP drunk driving is a lot better then the average sober driving in LS ?

It's only legal to break the speed limit and road law if you're being chased by someone who's clearly portraying a threat. A car following you isn't enough.
Absolute no from me. Unmarked cops don't "force" you to do anything but to obey the law. 

If you are being stalked by a specific cop - then it's an IC issue that you should take to court/Internal Affairs.

Alternatively, if you feel like LSPD member breaks a rule or shows some poor roleplay, you can always message @kilerbite

and report any situation to him.

Edited by Estes
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Estes said:

It's only legal to break the speed limit and road law if you're being chased by someone who's clearly portraying a threat. A car following you isn't enough.
Absolute no from me. Unmarked cops don't "force" you to do anything but to obey the law. 

If you are being stalked by a specific cop - then it's an IC issue that you should take to court/Internal Affairs.

Alternatively, if you feel like LSPD member breaks a rule or shows some poor roleplay, you can always message @kilerbite

and report any situation to him.

Sums it up neatly. PD use unmarked vehicles for various purposes and there is a difference between an unmarked unit driven by a uniformed officer and one driven by a detective; so if you see a detective on apparent traffic duty that's an issue. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Ribsey locked this topic