Revise/Actually set a PK Rule in place.

KFN

I agree, something definite needs to be put into place as the current system is just messy for everybody involved. It’s really hard to remain immersed after killing somebody or being killed in the course of role play only for you to bump into your victim/killer or overhear people talking about how you were murdered. I’m not sure the answer is straight forward really but I’ve heard other roleplay servers have done it differently before with mixed success.

A new or amended PK rule would save countless admin headaches I bet.

Edited by Brox26

If there's been a lot of development leading up to a PK you could consider filing a CK application instead. I'd encourage you guys to give this a read through (it explains the CK Application process and what it's for) as it may be an answer to some of the issues raised when you feel a PK just isn't enough.

We're always open to improving upon current policies though, so I'll leave this thread open for additional feedback.

Edited by Moonsong

I'd be very interested to see just how often the CK applications are used; my understanding is "not often," but that could also be colored by the fact that we can't actually see the applications.

The lack of a rule surrounding these is not necessarily a bad thing, in my opinion - as there's really not even a consensus as to what a PK means, or how you roleplay the situation. I've seen it go many different ways - to pretending it never happened, acting like the injuries in question were recovered from, to the injury causing permanent damage.

Having someone come in and tell you what your PK means is not helpful - and if you're a jerk about it, they may go get CK perms instead. Ultimately, this is just something you'll have to work with the opposing side on to decide what you want to remember and forget, and if your feud gets out of control, there'll be punitive action based on who broke what rules we already have in place.

No need to install in a bunch of new rules about it, if you ask me.

The CK applications are kept private to prevent metagaming, preemptive attacks by the victim etc. Once a CK application is approved and the person you're trying to CK kills you, you get CKed instead. This provides a healthy balance of risk vs 'reward' and helps to ensure people are more careful with their planning. That's something that's just not going to change.

As to how a PK is roleplayed it would really depend on the circumstances leading up to the death, are the two parties mortal enemies? Or was it a single incident that went south? If the two were mortal enemies then definitely they should both forget about eachother but the killer doesn't need to forget about the act. They simply wouldn't refer to the deceased by name.

If it was a single incident that went south but you didn't want to ruin ongoing relationships with that person then forgetting everything that lead up to the death would be a reasonable middle ground. However I would say that how any given PK is roleplayed would need to be agreed upon by each party involved.

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 1