Revise/Actually set a PK Rule in place.

KFN

The current state of being PK'd is straight up retarded and very, very confusing at the current moment in time. As the rule currently has no real set limit at the moment people think they have the right to pk someone and they'll straight up forget everything about that character and vice versa. Wheres this system literally makes no sense because It means that the pking character wouldn't remember anything about doing the PK, but it'll also lead to both characters being entirely losing a whole bunch of development.

What I'm suggesting is that when a character is PK'd that they only forget about the events/situation leading up to the PK and not everything about the people involved in PKing them as it can lead to encounters with characters who aren't involved asking you about "What ever happened to so and so" and you wouldn't really be able to have a answer and would just have to look at them as if they were some sort of deranged person even if their question was perfectly logical at the time to them.

What I have done in the past is to negotiate through the terms and IC "memory" with the people who PK'd me or with the persons I PK'd. After the deed is done of course.

Just now, Tr1bal said:

What I have done in the past is to negotiate through the terms and IC "memory" with the people who PK'd me or with the persons I PK'd. After the deed is done of course.

Doesn't change the fact a set system is actually needed to be put in place- as that system doesn't really work for people who aren't directly involved with the PK but know that you guys know each other. Cause as I said in one of the paragraphs if someone was to ask what happened about that situation I was telling em about I'd just have to look at em as if nothing ever happened.

Just now, KFN said:

Doesn't change the fact a set system is actually needed to be put in place- as that system doesn't really work for people who aren't directly involved with the PK but know that you guys know each other. Cause as I said in one of the paragraphs if someone was to ask what happened about that situation I was telling em about I'd just have to look at em as if nothing ever happened.

Yeah but there are countless of interactions that can happen related to your PK. But its not too hard to just inform that guy OOCly who asks about stuff you were PK'd out of that you don't know this and that and are not part of this and this situation anymore.

Like, I was part of some bloods set in LSRP and got PK'd and then had to just be silent and communicate with the other PK'd dudes about some other stuff while the ones who survived talked about the crips who hit us. 

Its a such a weird situation I can't think of any rule that could regulate it somehow.

Just now, Tr1bal said:

Its a such a weird situation I can't think of any rule that could regulate it somehow.

MTA's OwlGaming had a rule what perfectly fixed the situation. And it was literally that you forget the actual PK and the events just before it- it was like you forgot about 30 minutes of your life and thats it. The time you forgot could stretch if the PK situation took a bit longer than that but overall you wouldn't forget anything else but the actual death. So for example if you've been in a gang for a while and a group of you were PK'd by an opposing gang you'd still know about the entire conflict with that other gang you just wouldn't know the fact that you were just killed.

Just now, KFN said:

MTA's OwlGaming had a rule what perfectly fixed the situation. And it was literally that you forget the actual PK and the events just before it- it was like you forgot about 30 minutes of your life and thats it. The time you forgot could stretch if the PK situation took a bit longer than that but overall you wouldn't forget anything else but the actual death. So for example if you've been in a gang for a while and a group of you were PK'd by an opposing gang you'd still know about the entire conflict with that other gang you just wouldn't know the fact that you were just killed.

Yes , knowing about the general beef with the enemy gang is still in the memory but you can't know the recent causes to that attack to lead to your PK. Its always not so simple as there could be other factors at play that stretch the RP leading to that attack.

So basically what I want to say here is that everything that leads to some ones PK and every info piece that can be used again to get yourself into the same situation with the same people over the same problem should be wiped from the memory. And this can't be counted with minutes as every situation is different.

Just now, Tr1bal said:

So basically what I want to say here is that everything that leads to some ones PK and every info piece that can be used again to get yourself into the same situation with the same people over the same problem should be wiped from the memory.

This I agree with- You shouldn't remember anything about the situation that can be used against you or be used against them in the PK.

Just now, Tr1bal said:

And this can't be counted with minutes as every situation is different.

And the whole minutes thing was more or less a example.

Tons of ideas get suggested in discussions that push for actual change but the usual response is “we’ll talk to other admins” and months later, it’s under the dust.

At this point, yeah I agree with your suggestion, good luck.

• 3 weeks later...