Lack of effort on staff

Dynath

Hey, I'm just curious why there's a massive lack of effort/attention to people trying to break into houses?

I spent an hour+ waiting for a breakin supervision however my reports get answered almost immediately... even with the /breakin still active.

Is there a priority list? Is the feature broken? Are the admins ignoring it? 

Keep in mind, my post is only based upon assumptions from my end as I do not actually have any experience with the admin process here, but here goes.

Say that there are 100-150 players online on the server, and 4 or 5 of them are admins. Obviously, they would most likely have a lot of reports to deal with, with a wide selection of different tasks included. Anything from people simply being stuck in different dimensions to massive deathmatching sprees and complicated situations where both sides are yelling at each other (we've all seen them on the forums, and probably experienced them ingame as well).

So my guess? It's a lot easier to deal with a report that takes a minute to take care of, than dedicating anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour to supervise and spectate a complete house invasion scenario.

This doesn't mean that the feature is being ignored. Just that it's most likely something that isn't fully prioritized when there are a lot of more pressing matters to handle.

• Upvote 1

I think they're doing a pretty fucking good job considering the players that are on at given times either day or night. None the less a few more mods would be rad. But shit.. servers smooth. Admins are G and it's always building.  

Good things in due time 

38 minutes ago, Stoops said:

I think they're doing a pretty fucking good job considering the players that are on at given times either day or night. None the less a few more mods would be rad. But shit.. servers smooth. Admins are G and it's always building.  

Good things in due time 

Definitely I understand that the admins have allot on their hands and trying to answer multiple reports is not an easy task

Edited by Vash Baldeus

For the last couple days there have been lag spikes in the server and during this time we had breakin requests. I personally denied these requests for two reasons. The first being the server wasn’t stable enough for me to watch you without interference, and the second was I couldn’t spend forever watching and if the server crashed spending another half an hour watching again.

We like to roleplay as much as players do, we sometimes get swamped in not only reports but in subteam activity too. We get teleport requests every five minutes that just don’t let up.

I’m sorry you’ve had a bad experience with the break in requests but please believe that these do get accepted. 

2 hours ago, eyebrows said:

For the last couple days there have been lag spikes in the server and during this time we had breakin requests. I personally denied these requests for two reasons. The first being the server wasn’t stable enough for me to watch you without interference, and the second was I couldn’t spend forever watching and if the server crashed spending another half an hour watching again.

We like to roleplay as much as players do, we sometimes get swamped in not only reports but in subteam activity too. We get teleport requests every five minutes that just don’t let up.

I’m sorry you’ve had a bad experience with the break in requests but please believe that these do get accepted. 

I think his issue isn't that it was denied, but that it was never answered.

The answer is actually simple - It got lost and forgotten in the chat flood. How does this work for reports ? We see a warning that a new report is up, same for breakin requests. However admins do have the general habit of doing /reports every few minutes since there are often pending and we don't always see the warning popping up.

But most of them never check the breakin request pending because they are extremely rare, and in my opinion if a breakin request is not accepted within 5 minutes you should send a report to ask them to check the breakin request list, because they obviously missed it.

On 3/3/2019 at 6:29 AM, Nervous said:

I think his issue isn't that it was denied, but that it was never answered.

The answer is actually simple - It got lost and forgotten in the chat flood. How does this work for reports ? We see a warning that a new report is up, same for breakin requests. However admins do have the general habit of doing /reports every few minutes since there are often pending and we don't always see the warning popping up.

But most of them never check the breakin request pending because they are extremely rare, and in my opinion if a breakin request is not accepted within 5 minutes you should send a report to ask them to check the breakin request list, because they obviously missed it.

I actually did that but was told to use /breakin, and funnily enough the /breakin was ignored directly after the /report was made and responded to.

And I do believe Eyebrows denied it for "instability" issues a couple of days ago, I wasn't generally referring to that... I understood that the server stability was an issue at the time and accepted the denial for what it was.