Remove /vpark

aldo

Short description:  I feel like /vpark can ruin the point of repairing your car and there should be an actual garage at your home where you should need to park your car or just park it outside. 

How would your suggestion improve the server?  It would force players to repair their cars if damaged instead of just /vpark and /vget and it also encourages safe driving. 

This has been a debate for fucking ages. It was initially removed but re-introduced. It simply doesn't work like that. There's desync, random window breakages, lights that are stuck permanently on and there's nothing we can do. Doors fall off sometimes for no reason at all. This should not be taken IC nor should players be forced to actually take their cars to garages to fix car damage that was introduced due to desync.. Until RAGE's desync problem is fixed, removing /vpark is a curse and should not be considered. The way it is right now it's fine. I don't see any abuse.

7 hours ago, aldo said:

So not even garages???

The majority of the server thinks the same as you do, but until the client (RageMP) is fixed and all the Desync that occurs is fixed /vpark is going to stay. Not to mention that allot of cars spawned were causing instability of the game for people and the server itself, trust me that Nervous wants this to happen where /vpark is gone completely.

Right now if you have items inside you car you can not /vpark it, but if the trunk's empty it will despawn. I roleplay with a large group of people who own more than 2~3 cars and they keep them spawned at all times (unless server restarts and they don't come on for a while, since a restart despawns all cars)

Edited by Vash Baldeus
9 hours ago, JustAnM43 said:

This has been a debate for fucking ages. It was initially removed but re-introduced. It simply doesn't work like that. There's desync, random window breakages, lights that are stuck permanently on and there's nothing we can do. Doors fall off sometimes for no reason at all. This should not be taken IC nor should players be forced to actually take their cars to garages to fix car damage that was introduced due to desync.. Until RAGE's desync problem is fixed, removing /vpark is a curse and should not be considered. The way it is right now it's fine. I don't see any abuse.

4 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

The majority of the server thinks the same as you do, but until the client (RageMP) is fixed and all the Desync that occurs is fixed /vpark is going to stay. Not to mention that allot of cars spawned were causing instability of the game for people and the server itself, trust me that Nervous wants this to happen where /vpark is gone completely.

Right now if you have items inside you car you can not /vpark it, but if the trunk's empty it will despawn. I roleplay with a large group of people who own more than 2~3 cars and they keep them spawned at all times (unless server restarts and they don't come on for a while, since a restart despawns all cars)

You could still use the respawn feature for that.

Supporting this with both hands. But with a 1-2h  /vpark timer as I have suggested in my thread.

57 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

You could still use the respawn feature for that.

Supporting this with both hands. But with a 1-2h  /vpark timer as I have suggested in my thread.

I am strictly against even a timed /vpark since I've had several instances where a car lost windows for stupid reasons after exiting an interior without anyone actually touching the car. Until the Sync is fixed on RageMP I am against it, once it's fixed then I'm all for it. My stance is not a Play To Win, it's just to reduce the amount of stress on the server and amount of bug and issues people might encounter due to the client being in Beta stages. I understand the reasoning behind the development's team decision on leaving /vpark available, the client itself is not stable and fluid enough to allow such things in it's current state. (Speaking as a Software Developer by trade, I understand what goes behind making things happen and when you have things that are beyond your ability to control or fix E.G. the client being unstable at the moment)

You all came from several years of playing SAMP (probably)  which had decent sync implemented for several years now, you all forgot how desync was plaguing that client back in the day, I've played on SAMP Roleplay since roughly mid 2006, I remember the severe desync issues that client had and how long it took to resolve those (including the occasional cease of client development by project lead). So be patient, let the client itself mature enough for the server to be able to do what you guys want it to be.

P.S.

Regarding making a timer idea, it is a nice one, but that means each spawned vehicle will have to have it's own unique timer. Meaning it will be a rather big resource hog from the server, which in turn can cause issues down the road where the server reaches more and more people playing on it. That is not a solution I'd be voting for. Even if it's a nice idea, it would require too much resources to handle the current amount of cars we have on the server. What I mean? Currently we average 80~120 people daily, every person on average has 2 cars, that sums up to around 160~240 unique timers per each car if not more, each timer takes resources from the horse power of the server, not a good idea imho opinion.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

I am strictly against even a timed /vpark since I've had several instances where a car lost windows for stupid reasons after exiting an interior without anyone actually touching the car. Until the Sync is fixed on RageMP I am against it, once it's fixed then I'm all for it. My stance is not a Play To Win, it's just to reduce the amount of stress on the server and amount of bug and issues people might encounter due to the client being in Beta stages. I understand the reasoning behind the development's team decision on leaving /vpark available, the client itself is not stable and fluid enough to allow such things in it's current state. (Speaking as a Software Developer by trade, I understand what goes behind making things happen and when you have things that are beyond your ability to control or fix E.G. the client being unstable at the moment)

You all came from several years of playing SAMP (probably)  which had decent sync implemented for several years now, you all forgot how desync was plaguing that client back in the day, I've played on SAMP Roleplay since roughly mid 2006, I remember the severe desync issues that client had and how long it took to resolve those (including the occasional cease of client development by project lead). So be patient, let the client itself mature enough for the server to be able to do what you guys want it to be.

That's why I compromised the idea.

• Everything related to desync can be fixed with the vehicle respawn system.
  • Server stability can be regulated with the timed /vparks that will automatically vanish the cars after 1-2 hours, so not to crowd the streets with too much with them. I'd even take half an hour.
Just now, Tr1bal said:

That's why I compromised the idea.

• Everything related to desync can be fixed with the vehicle respawn system.
  • Server stability can be regulated with the timed /vparks that will automatically vanish the cars after 1-2 hours, so not to crowd the streets with too much with them. I'd even take half an hour.

Again that respawn system is not bullet proof.

Second I added to my comment you quoted:

P.S.

Regarding making a timer idea, it is a nice one, but that means each spawned vehicle will have to have it's own unique timer. Meaning it will be a rather big resource hog from the server, which in turn can cause issues down the road where the server reaches more and more people playing on it. That is not a solution I'd be voting for. Even if it's a nice idea, it would require too much resources to handle the current amount of cars we have on the server. What I mean? Currently we average 80~120 people daily, every person on average has 2 cars, that sums up to around 160~240 unique timers per each car if not more, each timer takes resources from the horse power of the server, not a good idea imho opinion.

That would be a resource hog, not a good idea. Meaning you either have to make timers for each car or a once every hour one timer that check all spawned cars if their /vpark status was called and if the X amount of hours passed despawn, that would be a giant loop to go through and would chug resources and cause issues and probably lag.

I do like having all the cars spawned and the game itself is capable of it yes, but the current RageMP client can't handle it The client a year ago had issues running over 32 players. I'd just wait a bit more on the development of RageMP before implementing measures such as disabling /vpark completely.

1 minute ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Again that respawn system is not bullet proof.

Well if it can respawn your car then  it should be good? People can use it multiple times if it won't work. Don't really know the ins and outs for that but pretty sure it can be made work just fine.

2 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

That would be a resource hog

Well if you really know better from that field then I trust you. But why is that such a hog? I mean its basically like a payday, it just counts the seconds(And not even literally count as the computer code is not mechanical) and when the time is right it pops up the message. But with cars it just despawns it.

It was removed for a while to test how things would work out. I assume it was reintroduced because a lot of the issues remained. For example, trying to /vget or retrieve a car that'd been parked in a garage or left in one was still incredibly buggy (creating an unusable copy of the car, spawning it in the wrong dimension, etc.) Vehicles left outside were almost constantly stolen.

There was even a point where they allowed /vpark only if the vehicle was empty, it seemed like a decent middle ground. That was removed too I believe, so you can despawn cars anywhere again. I'm assuming there's just too much desync, garage bugs, & vehicle bugs to remove /vpark yet.