Small variety of vehicles?

Whisper

Hello!

Why is there such a small variety of vehicles available to purchase from the dealerships? For example, Elegy Retro has been added to the server but Elegy RH8 isn't? Comet SR is and the regular Comet isn't? I fail to see the reasoning of adding better versions of the vehicle to the GM and leaving the worse ones out. It would enhance the overall picture of the cars in traffic used right now (more variety).

I'm very well aware of pitch auctions. First auction was made on 1st of January (Nightshade) and the second auction on 13th of October (Windsor Drop). Neither of those cars were auctioned off?

"Your job as a bidder is essentially to convince us you’re the best person to win the auction." - Qoute from pitch auctions introduction thread.

What's the difference between a Nightshade, a Tulip or a Deviant? Difference between Cognoscenti Cabrio and Winsdor Drop? If you ask me, I see no difference... Why someone has to CONVINCE themselves to someone that they're the best person to get the car? Sure, Nightshade may look a little better than the Yosemite (to whom it looks better, to whom worse). But the Yosemite outperforms the Nightshade... What makes the Nightshade so special to auction it. The average looks? The same applies to Cognoscenti Cabrio and Windsor Drop.

"We have muscle cars that can do wheelies. We have Chebureks with cardboard spoilers. We have the highest top speed car in the game. We have the best accelerating car in the game (not taking the rocket Batman car into account). There are countless of cars freely available to purchase from dealerships that damage the lore and the scenery far more than your "auction car" would." - M52B28.

Why auction "special" vehicles, why not add them available for purchase? What makes them so "special"? Besides, props for trying to change things up with the auction stuff, but the way it sits right now, it just doesn't work or does it? These are just my thoughts and unanswered questions so far about vehicles & pitch auctions.

Edited by Whisper
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2

No idea why they initially chose what they did to start off, but I do know that people are welcome to suggest certain vehicles to be added.

I don't think the auctions are there to provide a better or cooler looking car, in my opinion they're there to make certain cars have artificial scarcity.  

The car could perform terribly, or look like a turd, but because there would only be one in the entire server, it makes it nearly priceless to those who want it.  Plus, you would know exactly who it would belong to.  Kind of like seeing a high end sports car in a small town.  Everyone knows it, it catches the eye.

I guess at the end of the day it's the big bois who get to decide what goes in.  It is there server after all, we're just along for the ride.  My advice for you, if you'd like a specific car added, is to search to see if it's already suggested.  If not, post it and give your reasons like you did above.  It it already was, maybe they just don't want it in.

Edited by MChavera
Added things

Seeing as we're roleplaying somewhat of a California thing, gangs are popular, same as GTA:W. The car scene should be no different. Restricting cars by OOC means is silly and shouldn't be a thing. There has been suggestions car related since November. Maybe one was given feedback to admin wise,

nothing else. Giving people variety is the way to go, and if they abuse the system, simply ajail them for abuse of vehicle or poor RP.

I was attempting to do legal rally RP, involving PD/FD and I wanted to do so with a Sultan RS cause it's basically aesthetically a racecar, unlike the regular Sultan. Wasn't available for purchase, so I'm shit out of luck. Admins need to realize that not all people that drive sports cars are bad at RP. There's a lot of us that put in effort into car RP and the scene, either by doing mechanic RP or general car shit.

While I can understand why admins don't want too many sports cars, this is easily fixable by ajails and taking vehicles away. People evades in a car 3 times? Take it and crush it and OOC-ly remove their vehicle. Give people variety, but utilize strict IC laws like California does. There's a lot of us that appreciate car RP for what it is and enjoy modded vehicles, but not all of us plan on evading, provoking or being asshats with them. Some people just enjoy the RP and the aesthetics of the vehicles.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Easy solution just make it so with cars you'd ideally see less of, people pitch for them. Not in the way that they get put under an auction, but more you PM the property management convincing them as to why you should have this vehicle. This way PM can filter how many cars get put out, and who they go to. E.g. enthusiast vehicles only going to enthusiasts and not just some random person who "wants to go fast". 

• Applaud 1
8 hours ago, Conway said:

Easy solution just make it so with cars you'd ideally see less of, people pitch for them. Not in the way that they get put under an auction, but more you PM the property management convincing them as to why you should have this vehicle. This way PM can filter how many cars get put out, and who they go to. E.g. enthusiast vehicles only going to enthusiasts and not just some random person who "wants to go fast". 

This would cause more work for PM, but it would be worth considering as it's a proper system. Make a format for it with the person needing to message PM, explaining their development, what they do, why they require the vehicle, how will it benefit, etcetera. I'd personally like to see this done.

3 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

This would cause more work for PM, but it would be worth considering as it's a proper system. Make a format for it with the person needing to message PM, explaining their development, what they do, why they require the vehicle, how will it benefit, etcetera. I'd personally like to see this done.

We just went over the fact that for most of the cars missing, the only thing seperating them from cars already in-game is their appearance. Plus there simply wouldn't be enough staff to reply to these requests in a reasonable time, proven by the previous pitch auction which to this day sits without a closure (nothing personal against the people behind it). Oh and I don't see why everyone thinks that people buy Lamborghinis and Ferraris because they are on some spiritual connection vibe shit with the cars? Nah fam, as silly as it sounds - they mostly buy them for the very same reason you ironically mentioned - to go fast or to have it as a status symbol.  

And no, I don't support the idiocy going on at Mirror Park at certain times with the more expensive cars, but everyone shouldn't suffer because of a few bad apples (xD).