Impound Changes

Bycarbon

Suggestion template

Short description: Remove 24 hour mandatory impound, make it Officer Set

Detailed description: Section 420 of the Penal Code states thats if your vehicle is impounded for no registration/plates, it can be released immediately upon registering the vehicle, however, the script forces a 24 hour wait period, which goes against OOCly & ICly set Penal Codes that are supposed to be enforced by Police.

Commands to add: /impound [time]

Items to add: How long a vehicle is impounded, or an array that has the Penal Codes in it that automatically sets the required times.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It removes the 24 hour forced impound and allows players to actually follow the Penal code in order to fully roleplay. If the Penal Codes says "impounded until registration is given", players should be able to register the vehicle at DMV and /vget it from the impound without having to wait 24 hours

Additional information:

7 minutes ago, Mitch said:

imho after x amount of vehicle impounds, should outright crush the vehicle or delete it. 

Agreed. Or it can be automatically placed on a scripted police auction list from where people can buy it. Or it will be so to call automatically sold to a NPC and the Government gains the money from it.

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

imho after x amount of vehicle impounds, should outright crush the vehicle or delete it. 

This is too rigid, we impound the vehicle for a few reasons that are not related to evading, sometimes desync just knocks cars into the road, sometimes it's stolen and still impounded, etc.

1 minute ago, Enko said:

This is too rigid, we impound the vehicle for a few reasons that are not related to evading, sometimes desync just knocks cars into the road, sometimes it's stolen and still impounded, etc.

I'm sure you log impounds right? 3x racing / evading / whatever strikes and it's gone? 

1 minute ago, Mitch said:

I'm sure you log impounds right? 3x racing / evading / whatever strikes and it's gone? 

When a vehicle is impounded it isn't filed with a reason on the impound itself, basically if we're to get this functionality it would need to be manually done. Impounding a car from crime is the exact same script procedure as any other, aside that we usually just remove the fine if the car was stolen or otherwise impounded through no fault of the owner.

Essentially to make this system work it would need either better script control or just simply the justification for a more permanent procedure.

I'd suggest that this could be a step for combating frequent evaders in high speed vehicles, this would encourage the use of mid teir cars that could be used for evasion but a lot cheaper to afford in such a capacity, however scrapping a car that costs 100k is a big cost, it would require more than just 3 instances I'd think. There could be mid term instances of bigger fines or longer impound times that could work.