[FPS Guide] How to get more FPS.

For older computers:

Want more FPS (Frames Per Second) so your game runs smoother? Check this guide out. If your on an old computer, I recommend setting everything to false and 0, especially water and shadows. Do not set <Reflection_MipBlur value="true" /> to false, keep that true or you may invert your in-game colors if you tab out.

Go to \Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V - Right click on the file 'Settings' and open with note pad, edit the settings in there. Make sure you make a backup before you make any changes, right click inside the GTA V folder and create a new note pad file called settingsbackup, save your settings in there as a back up, so you can revert if you need to.

Video

A few people asked me why they get fps drops even after doing this guide, the fps drop after an hour of game play happens because of the GTMP client, they are working on fixing it I presume, they have been releasing a lot of updates lately. Until they release a fix, you have to restart your game every hour or so unfortunately.

Edited by Serpico
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Mute said:

Can testify that it helps a lot, but fucks the looks of the game. Good thing is you can choose when to stop ruining the graphics! 

Yeah it's just an option for people that get FPS lag or if for people who get FPS lag on GT:MP. Btw guys if you have an AMD processor, run the game in direct x 10.

• 2 weeks later...

Used your fix on my old PC and I can confirm that it works very well. Might also wanna check out this out. Downgrading framework was a pretty big FPS boost for me. Do note that my link is only for GT-MP FPS issues though, and not specifically targeted for lower spec PC's like Kaysus fix is

Edited by Ikechukwu
  • 3 months later...
Guest Ingram

Some trick I found,

Right before you connect to the server, after you "join server" click esc, you've got access to the single player menu, go to graphics and change the Post FX to High apply, then change it back to Normal (or whatever your setting was). Let the game load, you will reduce the FPS stutter. 

The problem with GT-MP that they got no /fpslimit, in the single player you got the vsync on and it won't pass 60 FPS, on GT-MP it jumps over the 60 and this way causes some stutters, hope in their next update they will fix it. 

Edited by Ingram
Guest Ingram

Another thing some people may forgot, under your settings on GT-MP launcher, enable the 'raise GTA V process'. However the trick above that I use drastically improves my FPS stutter, but you must to turn off your GTA V map hud, it messes it up.

Additionally I would recommend to upgrade your RAM (If you already have good PC) to atleast 16, it's known that GTA V has some kind of memory leak, speically on GT-MP where it eats you X4 times more. And overclock your system if nothing helps and you don't want to spend your money on spec, which is useless stress for your PC considering GT-MP has problems atm.

I personally just use the option to raise GTA V process priority to high, it gives some mid benefit.

Edited by Ingram
Guest Ingram

Also, It seems that GT-MP /fpslimit is a mess and also eats a ton of ram. try in your Grand Theft Multiplayer\bin, open commandline.txt

Type,

-frameLimit 60

This may stabilize the FPS going crazy, but it will still most likely be the same because of a terrible FPS issues.

There are more functions that may help you have a stable FPS, -disableHyperthreading? -https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202518358-Available-Command-Lines-for-GTAV-on-PC

Additionally, just google how to improve your FPS, there are bunch of methods.

If it doesn't help download ENB and disable the effect settings, it has a nice framelimiter there.

Edited by Ingram