Learning the map

Connor

So I come from a heavy GTA San Andreas background and know the map off the back of my hand. Do you guys have any tips / resources that would help me learn the ins and outs of GTA V Map? I tried looking for a map mod which had all the districts (Pillbox, Hawick etc.) with no luck and as far as I'm aware I cant mod my map in RageMP (enlighten me if this is incorrect.)

I really would love to learn the map - obviously road names will come in time but district names/basic areas I should know.

Mirror Park to the east side of LS is one of the player hubs, same with the Grove/Chamberlain Hills area. You'll also find a lot of people in the downtown area/legion square. You can see these names on the map that pops up on the menu and even while moving through different areas, on your hud in small white text. Oh and, auto shops are usually filled with people too.

I'd recommend finding an IC tour service (I've seen ads for this before) or getting a side job that makes you drive from place to place.

If you have a good sense of direction, you'll eventually learn if you drive around enough. I'd recommend remembering some landmarks that you're familiar with and that you can orient yourself to from anywhere more or less. Also once you know the layout more or less, it's not so much about particular streets but getting to neighborhoods quick. 

Good landmarks:

Hospital = Davis

South of Hospital = Rancho

FD Station = El Burro

PD Station = Mission Row/Legion Square

Weazel News = Little Seoul

Beach = Vespucci

... etc.

Eventually you just get a feel for the city, even if you don't always know particular streets.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 1

Location knowledge comes with experience. You could sit down and try to learn the street names by heart but the most effective way to learn it in my opinion is to try to update for a pursuit. Yes, it will be rough the first times but over time you will catch on to what important and frequently used streets are. 

when i first began playing gta 5 back when it came out in 2013 the map felt everlasting, but that ended quickly. the city portion of the map honestly isn’t that big, maybe comparable to the size of cities most of us live in. give it a few months, drive like you’re role playing and not flying down the road and you’ll know the map like it’s your hometown. warning you guys a new depth of role play comes along when you’re fully integrated.