Medical Clinic Roleplay

fivexfiver

Would anyone be interested in role playing out of Central Medical Center (Davis) for some medical role play?

We would be a self made faction staring as self funded and hopefully through city grants for wages and costs we could grow into an actual legal faction with scripts for healing, a health insurance system etc. For now it would likely be rp as a small clinic within the hospital which would employ doctors, nurses, admin and hopefully a psychologist. We could hold AAA meetings as well as ones for Veterans/those with PTSD. We could buy a van to do needle drives and outreach programs etc. I believe we a good group we could create something beneficial to the city. 

https://discord.gg/B4tPb3d

Edited by pixel
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 3

One thing that I’ve learned from anywhere and anyone, you will receive more moral support than actual support to help you run the faction/project.

Although, there’s no doubt you will receive funding to start this, probably enough to allow you to purchase a few vehicles and any additional buildings. 

With that being said, I’ve previously had the motive to make use of the hospital since medical roleplay is what I mainly know. I don’t think it would work out too well in this server considering the current player kill rules, as well as, the “guns first resort” type of mentality. 

If you ever plan on having a board of directors, I’m down to help you out internally.

• Upvote 1

There’s already talks of this with certain members of the community and faction management. But it’s nice to see other people are thinking the same, just a shame you hadn’t approached us beforehand.

Not sure if this is an OOC recruitment thread or a general question for whether people would find this RP interesting. I definitely would, but I don’t see it working on the server just yet. 

Just now, Velora said:

I doubt FD will allow it. 

There's already been talks about this, and it's always in the minds of a lot of us (a lot of the more medically-inclined members of the Fire Department are very interested in the idea and have been trying to promote its development for months). The Fire Department provides Emergency Medical Transport, not medical services beyond it. There's no real issue between a clinic and a Fire Department as the work of the Fire Department is to make patients reach a medical center in as stable a condition as possible.

But as always one of the biggest hurdles you'd find is community involvement. Characters who actually RP having medical problems beyond in-game injuries are a distinct minority, and people who suffer injuries usually just want to go back to their standard RP as quickly as possible. Nonetheless I'd be all for it!

• Upvote 1

That differed from a medical clinic. Lionhearted did not want them to run a EMT service, as the field work would limit our already limited rp. To put it short, me and Lionhearted support a clinic. Me more than everyone, but there are limitations to starting one, as things need to start small of course.