Remove /sendlocation

Shinto

Very simple to explain this.

No offense but this thing (/sendlocation) needs to go, it's borderline metagaming in every manner that it exists. I have never ever seen or heard of a phone app that allows you to simply send a precise location to any number you come across (except for apps specific to taxi companies). If you don't know the address / street name, then you best be good at describing landmarks. Those that RP living in Los Santos for their whole life or years and want to say their characters should know every street, that's not true at all. I have lived in the same town for 10 years and still hardly can name 5 street names.

Pros: Removes MG from the server, provides more realistic situations, makes GPS an actual useful thing for addresses (even though phones have google maps), heck it even makes addresses useful.
Cons: None.

10 minutes ago, Rumbunctious said:

And the command is more of a bandaid fix to a problem that doesn't exist irl. Describe landmarks? Worst case scenario, you can go on Google Maps, take a screenshot, and send it.

That's what I said in terms of GPS/phones having Google maps. You can just read a street name and a nearby landmark such as a bar, shop ECT off the Google maps which also have a GPS system in itself on the phone app. It's why GPS irl is slowly dying out with everyone using Google maps instead.

Edited by Shinto
1 hour ago, Shinto said:

I have never ever seen or heard of a phone app that allows you to simply send a precise location to any number you come across 

I strongly disagree. I don’t see how things can be meta-gamed if the /sendlocation is roleplayed.

Edited by A_Acko
29 minutes ago, mafioSSi said:

Facebook messenger can send exact location, iMessage, WhatsApp, Viber. I can continue. Is not meta gaming if it’s used in proper way. It’s same like suggest to remove PMs cause they can be used for MGing. 

This pretty much sums it all up. If you suspect someone of Metagaming - make sure to report them so the case is properly investigated.