Highlight relevant text /highlight

Cobra

Poll  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Short description: Client-side highlight a player's chat messages. 

Detailed description: The ability to type /highlight [ID/Name], so that all and any messages a certain player sends is seen in a different color but only for the one who has typed /highlight (client-side).

For example in this situation I only wanted to see messages from Marty Knight and Hector Dimakos in a scene where the chat was moving incredibly fast, and text was lost in a sea of pink and white:

[00:39:08] Noah Davidson says: Need some help from the other side?
[00:39:08] * Where is cruiser hit from? ((Francesca D'Angelo))*
[00:39:19] Chloe MacKenzie says: Uh yeah if you can open it up that's great
[00:39:23] * Left side. ((Isaac Villarreal))*
[00:39:25] * Silverio De Luca pops open the back of the Ambo and drags out a big green chestpiece with a bunch of straps.

[00:39:27] * Is @Hector with a gurney and backboard also? ((Chloe MacKenzie))*
[00:39:31] * Hector Dimakos holds out the KED vest offering it down to Chole.
[00:39:35] * He is. ((Hector Dimakos))*
[00:39:36] * The cruiser was hit from the front-left side, being completely caved in by the impact. ((Ashley Meadows))*
[00:39:37] * Noah Davidson reaches his hand towards the passenger door handle, pulling on it. He'd then carefully clamber inside, ready to assist.

[00:39:42] Chloe MacKenzie says: Okay thanks
[00:39:46] * Marty Knight would close his eyes after that, obviously went unconscious after seeing the damage on his car.
[00:39:46] * It would be a T-bone. ((Ashley Meadows))*
[00:39:49] Silverio De Luca says: Hold her steady while I put the Kendrick on her.
[00:39:51] * Chloe MacKenzie lets out her hand to take the KED from Hector
[00:39:52] * Hector Dimakos pulls the Gurney over to the side beside Chole.

Commands to add: /highlight or /hl

How would your suggestion improve the server?

It would help to prevent us from missing people's emotes and in-character chat by having it stand out in bright yellow (same color as PMs?) amongst a sea of pink and white text that's irrelevant to your role-play. 

Additional information: One of the things that puts me off FD/PD roleplay, roleplaying at an event or in a club, is the large amount of persons in a close-proximity means you loose text that's relevant to you - often leading to headache, mis-communication and stress.

Edited by Cobra
  • Upvote 10
  • Applaud 1

Very welcome feature although the one line I doubt would be a bit troublesome to code is the following:

[00:39:27] * Is @Hector with a gurney and backboard also? ((Chloe MacKenzie))*

Since that line is not types by Hector hence that line will require extra work to determine if that player was mentioned, rather more strain on the Client Side which I don't really support since the game is heavy as it is, adding that can cause severe issues and lags for people with slower computers.

But the rest idea overall is a great one since when I enter a bar/club with friends I barely get to read their messages and that is a problem in a crowded place. This idea resolves it.

16 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Very welcome feature although the one line I doubt would be a bit troublesome to code is the following:

Since that line is not types by Hector hence that line will require extra work to determine if that player was mentioned, rather more strain on the Client Side which I don't really support since the game is heavy as it is, adding that can cause severe issues and lags for people with slower computers.

But the rest idea overall is a great one since when I enter a bar/club with friends I barely get to read their messages and that is a problem in a crowded place. This idea resolves it.

Ignore that, that's not meant to be highlighted as that was sent from Chloe MacKenzie (me). I've edited the document! ?

The suggestion is suggesting that when you type /highlight [ID/Player], that any messages sent by them, whether it be text, /me, /do, /low...etc. is highlighted in a yellow (or otherwise suitable) color to the one who typed the command. Similar to PM or /whisper. Not anyone who has their named tagged in a line. ?

Thank you. ?

Edited by Cobra
  • Westen locked this topic
  • Westen unlocked this topic