Highlight relevant text /highlight

Cobra

Poll  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, Liam_Airey said:

Does this also include the highlighted player "speaking" or is it just for emotes? 

In the majority of situations it is easy to focus on text because it will be a lighter color and therefore easier to distinguish, so I don't really think it's necessary.

23 minutes ago, Westen said:

In the majority of situations it is easy to focus on text because it will be a lighter color and therefore easier to distinguish, so I don't really think it's necessary.

I understand what you're saying and in-part it's true, you'll typically be speaking to the players closest to your character and they'll obviously be brighter in the chat but with how crowded public events can get with the rise in players at the moment I know me and a lot of other people would appreciate the option to highlight character's actual speech as well, it's not just the "colour" or brightness but also the fact a lot of messages can be pushed out of the chat before you've even noticed it in a situation where you have a lot of players. 

If it's not added that'll be fine but I really think it'd be a great feature to have and would be a great QOL improvement overall which would be a shame to waste when you could add both features in an update. 

Edited by Liam_Airey
2 minutes ago, Liam_Airey said:

I understand what you're saying and in-part it's true, you'll typically be speaking to the players closest to your character and they'll obviously be brighter in the chat but with how crowded public events can get with the rise in players at the moment I know me and a lot of other people would appreciate the option to highlight character's actual speech as well, it's not just the "colour" or brightness but also the fact a lot of messages can be pushed out of the chat before you've even noticed it in a situation where you have a lot of players. 

If it's not added that'll be fine but I really think it'd be a great feature to have and would be a great QOL improvement overall which would be a shame to waste when you could add both features in an update. 

I completely agree with your sentiment, however the /me and /do commands use the same function which can very easily be managed. Managing the text is a little bit more complicated so whilst possible, definitely more challenging to do. I'll look into it because I do see the benefits of implementing it with chat too.