• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
hentai!

How to properly park your car.

hentai!    13

This is a quick tip, not really a guide. I wanted to share it, just because I see a lot of people press Y and L and run towards wherever they have to go.

There are three things I always do when I park my vehicle on the server. It's always an argument whether something is synced on RAGE-MP or not, but I can assure you headlights are NOT synced with the engine.

1. Press H two times, make sure the headlights are off.
NOTE: If you are unsure, or lazy and wanna know FOR sure whether they are on, or off, simply /vpark and /vget your car and leave then, it will be fully synced.
Both ways work, since after your car is spawned using /vget the engine is off and the headlights should be too.
2. If you press H one/two times (depending on if you had high-beams on or off) then press Y to shut off the engine,
3. ... and L to lock the car.

If you don't do this, then you can press H for decades after you come back from an interior and your lights will still appear to be on. This is known to be badly synced, and in some situations, for example chases it can really screw you over when you think your headlights are off, but the desync is there and everyone can see your from miles away no matter what.

There is a problem with drop-tops and convertibles' windows shattering whenever you leave an interior, so make sure you always unfold the top before you enter an interior.
It will both assure your car is not gonna get easily stolen by someone who roleplays hopping in and hotwiring it, and that the windows are not shattered after you come back to it from an interior.

This simple "guide" can save you time from using /vpark and /vget all the time, or even teach you something. If we get more people to park like this, the server might stop looking like a rave party whenever there's ten cars parked in a row, next to a club or bar.
It might be only me, but seeing ten cars parked in a row, with their engines off and headlights on is kind of a trigger. GTA V doesn't offer parking lights and the headlights are way too obnoxious.

I'd also suggest not parking next to red curbs, since in real California (which we're trying to roleplay) these literally scream "no parking here".

Edited by hentai!
Updated.
  • Upvote 1

Smonk    48

and stop parking on top of curbs please park on the road there's room on the street to pass by its not GTASA or a 3rd world country 😄 only park that way if you're character is a dipshit or a foreigner from a country that commonly does it. Right up against the curb = realistic and normal parking job.

Edited by Smonk
SAVING MYSELF FROM MUTUAL DESTRUCTION

Gerda    27
7 hours ago, Smonk said:

3rd world country 😄 

9 minutes ago, Wallaby007 said:

UK 🙂 

Haha

Smonk    48
On 2/18/2019 at 3:13 AM, Wallaby007 said:

I can't help half parking on the curb! Thats what we do in the UK 🙂 Usually

On 2/18/2019 at 4:21 AM, Darius94 said:

But I like parking on the curb..

I feel you. Just remind yourselves it's America and we don't really park like that. Seen people get ticketed in Cali for parking on the curb like that so it makes me laugh and slightly cringe when I see it ig. You only really see certain types of people doing it (i.e, foreigners, tweakers and just dumbasses that didn't learn to park etc), but the average person will park like a sane individual. In reality it's not a big deal but it's a nice touch if you're the type that likes a little immersion in the world/game you're rping in. For me personally it's just kinda pet peeve-ish since I live in Cali and I'm used to making fun of people that park in weird/dumb ways or just overall like an asshat, so I tend to have a similar reaction to it IG.

On 2/18/2019 at 3:24 AM, Gerda said:

Haha

LOL did not intend for that to happen.

Darius94    5

The right way to park is next but not on the curb. People only park on the curb if the road is roughly to tight so they all trynna make some more room and not making it a challange getting down the street. 

I normaly park next to the curb (IG).  I on very rarely occasion park on the curb. ^^

Edited by Darius94

Wallaby007    1

Don't call people dumb asses for it haha! 😛  Its force of habit to make more space on the road and avoid your car getting scratched!

iAMTemple    93
On 2/19/2019 at 2:08 PM, Smonk said:

I feel you. Just remind yourselves it's America and we don't really park like that.

You obviously haven't visited Miami. 😂

Smonk    48
16 hours ago, iAMTemple said:

You obviously haven't visited Miami. 😂

LMAO I havent but SA's technically cali and out here only foreigners, dumbasses and crackheads park like that (which to be fair, we have a lot of each, but most people aren't RPing the latter and not too many are rping foreigners either), I'm relatively positive people just park on the curbs due to it being the norm from SAMP since there wasn't enough room on the roads to park normal, but there is on gta5. In reality I'm just nitpicky as fuck but it is a bit trashy seeing cars just tossed up curbs and shit, especially low to the ground, high end cars that have body panels worth more than the average sedan you see driving past you.